Chapter Thirteen

*Xavier's POV*

My stomach drops. Panic, anger and worry rapidly flows in every vein in my body, while my heart felt like it's trying to pound its way out of my chest. I never had this feeling before, where I felt like insanity was consuming me. Like if any moment I'd snap.
Luckily, the black van didn't hit-and-run Emma. It stopped as soon as her fragile body collided with metal front of the car.
I didn't know what to do first: beat up the driver or help Emma. I wanted to help Emma a lot, but anger is telling me to rip the driver to shreds.
Besides my family, Emma always comes first now.
Plus I could always kill the driver later.
I step closer to Emma; surprisingly, able to calm myself a little by taking deep breaths. Silence roams the street. Each step I took towards her was the loudest noise at the time, making me feel even more uncomfortable.
When I took another step, I hear my foot step into something. Something puddle-or-liquid-like. My eyes travel down to the substance to reveal a crimson-colored liquid around my shoe.
That's when the scent of blood comes into my nose. That's when I noticed a trail of blood leading to her. Even though I don't react on the outside, I felt like everything died on the inside. I couldn't dare see what the van did to her. My feet felt rooted to the ground, and all my muscles were sore from stressing out.
"Don't die on me, Emma..." I mumbled.
I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder.
"Nice to see you back, Xavier."
Before I could turn around, something hits against my head and I black out.

--

*Emma's POV*
I didn't know what happened or where I was. I've been walking helplessly for hours in a white hallway. Completely alone. I didn't know where it was leading to. It was only straight and in one direction. Strange.

Hopefully I would reach the end of it soon and find some answers. Right?

The lights suddenly flicker. A crowd of people appeared around me, but...they appeared to be..transparent like a ghost. What's going on?!

They were all staring at me, and pointing at me. I open my mouth to speak, but no words came out. This is all too confusing.

I look down at myself to see if there's any clues. Then, I noticed it. My body was transparent too. Like a ghost. A dead person.

I heard the sound of bells behind me. I spun around and see a tombstone. Nothing was carved on it. Out of nowhere, something that I couldn't see pulls me by my foot, making me fall onto the ground on my back. I tried to scream, nothing came out. The invisible force drags me to the blank tombstone.

A giant hole forms in front of the tombstone, body-sized. This can't be happening, it just can't. Then, something carves into the tombstone.

Here lies Emma Johnson
Sweet, Loyal, and Loved.

I silent-scream as my body starts to head down into the grave. Below, was a coffin. It opens up by itself, revealing a bright light inside of it. I didn't want to die. I have way more to live for.

I try to dig my fingernails into the ground, but it was useless. Soon, I felt the force let go and I start falling into the coffin. Becoming more and more transparent....

"EMMA!"
My eyes jerk open, and I raise my head up. My body felt like it tied against something, but I couldn't see what it was. My vision was blurred from the blood dripping somewhere around the top of my head. I felt pain everywhere, but mostly my leg. It was strangely numb, but also mostly painful.
"I told you I didn't kill her." That voice was way too familiar. It was obviously Matthew.
"She'll probably will die if you don't get her wounds treated." That feminine voice was familiar too, it must be Ally.
"She'll be fine, I didn't hit her with the van too hard." Matthew said.
"I'm still going to take her to the bathroom to wash up." Ally added.
I heard him grunt. "Do it. But make she doesn't have a way to escape." Theres a silence, then the sound of footsteps leaving echoes throughout the room. Matthew must've left.
Soon, Ally drags me and practically tosses me in he bathroom. "You got a minute to wash up. I'm timing it." Her cold voice spats before slamming the door. A minute is all I need.

--

After taking a quick shower and washing all the blood of me, I was able to see way more clearly. Everything looks old and rusted. Like they haven't used the place in years. Or even centuries. I felt kind of disgusted to even wash up in this kind of place.
My leg was terribly messed up. I couldn't walk on it or anything. Luckily, I found an old bandage to wrap around my leg for now.
A knock on the door makes me jump. I assumed it was Ally, ready to take me back to wherever I was before. But when the door opens, it reveals Xavier.
What's he doing here? "They kidnapped you too!?" I yelled. He stays silent. Puzzled, I stare at him. His arms suddenly wrap around me, holding me tightly. It hurts, but I didn't want to say anything and ruin the moment.
"I thought you were dead!" He yells. It's about time he shows emotion about something. "I don't even know what happened." I said.
"You were hit by Matthew's van."
Oh, now I kind of remember. Actually, I still don't. "Oh.." I replied.
"I'm so glad you're safe.." He smiles. There was a silence, then he leans closer to me. Blushing, I lean closer to him.
I get closer and closer to his face.
"What are you doing?" He asks.
"Wait what?"
"I was just trying to look closer at your black eye....."
I hesitantly touch my eye, feeling a sting afterwards. Now I just feel embarrassed. I want to change the subject.
"I think I know a way of how to esca--" he interrupts me.
"No. No no no. Emma, do not even try to escape."
"Why...?"
"This abandoned mansion is in the middle of nowhere. Only surrounded by trees. No roads, streets, nothing." He explains. "He's suppose to kill Jack the police officer tomorrow, me the next day, but they didn't tell me what they have planned for you."
That made me feel very uncomfortable.
Suddenly, Ally walks into the room. Xavier and her make instant eye contact.
I forgot she was his ex.
I felt the tension in the room. It wasn't a good type of tension either.
All I could think about was Xavier crashing into the tree, and almost dying for her. All for her. And she still stayed with Matthew.
Ally walks closer to him, Xavier doesn't move. Is she crawling back to him? If so, is Xavier letting her?
Then, he holds out his hand as if to say to take it. He wants to be back with her. She looks up at him, with guilt in her eyes. I didn't like this, he shouldn't be with her!
Ally softly grabs his hand as if to accepted it. She smiles at him. Xavier smiles too, pulling her close to him, getting a good grip on her, and slamming her head hard into the mirror next to him.
He keeps doing it until the mirror cracks. Blood starts to drip and stains the sink, mirror, and her own blonde hair.
He throws her body back down to the floor.
And the smile on his face doesn't disappear.

I can't believe it's the end of the Holiday Break already! It went by so fast ;'( Anyway, I know I was suppose to add the date Emma was born to when she died on the grave thingy. But I was too lazy. Speaking of lazy, since I took a break from wattpad the whole holiday week, this might be a little rushed or a lot of misspellings. Lol :P okay I'm done here, if you read this author's note then you're amazing :D well bye readers <3

The situation is never over.
-M