Chapter Nine

*Hey guys! Again, thanks for reading my story! I would really appreciate it if you help my story get more views :3 thanks again for like....the second time. Lol*

I sat there in silence as Matthew tries to shoot again. The gun was empty. "Of course I run out of bullets at this time.." He mumbled to himself. He sighs like he was disappointed and tosses the gun aside carelessly. My eyes watch the gun slide onto the floor, and into a shadowed corner.
"I'll just have to kill you the basic way.." He said.
With one swift move, his hands were around my neck. The lack of air causes my face to turn red. I cough and choke as his hand squeezes tighter and tighter. My vision slowly gets darker by each second.
Randomly, the sound of a harsh knock makes Matthew jump. He instantly releases my throat. "Police department, open up." I heard them say. I breathe in all the air I could get while Matthew starts panicking. He takes a key from his back pocket, and unlocks the chains wrapped around my wrist, revealing a light shade of red on it."Get up, now!" He shouts.
I shake my head violently, but he forces me up by tugging my shirt hard. I was so dizzy, I stumbled onto him to keep from falling.
He leads me to a bookcase. "Help me push it to the side quickly!" He said.
I do what he says. We push the bookcase over to reveal some secret hiding hole in the wall. "Police department! Open up or we'll be force to come inside!" The officer repeated.
"Get in there!" Matthew muttered, pushing me into the hole. The floor was moist. I shudder in disgust. I turned around to Matthew, who was pushing the bookcase in front of the hole again.
I don't want to be in here!
"Wait!" I stand up, and tried to escape before the bookcase covered the hole up. But it was too late. I tried to move the bookcase and everything. It was no use, I'm stuck in here. "Let me out!" I yell.
"Stay silent until they leave! You might be rewarded for it." He said, laughing. I shudder again.
Soon, I hear the policemen enter the bunker. I could just scream right now, and they'd easily find me. But I didn't want Matthew to get arrested and sent to jail easily either. I wanted to get revenge myself on him. I need a plan.

*Neyman's POV*
The policemen observe the bunker. He only suspicion object they found was a gun, but Matthew says it was his grandfather's. Yeah, right. Meanwhile, Matthew and I stand next to each other awkwardly. It was like a river of suspicion and hatred between us. He's going to have to give it up soon. All of this would lead to Emma, and him into jail. Or if I'm lucky, prison. It was too awkward for me, I had to say something. "I--"
"You called the cops on me." He interrupted.
Well, now it's awkward again.
".....I only did it to save Emma--"
"Emma's not here! Okay?" He yells. "I miss her as much as you do so stop seeing me as a suspect!" I look into his eyes. I could see the rage and anger in them. I started feeling a little guilty. Maybe he doesn't have Emma. After all, Matthew is her best friend. Best friends are usually never the kidnappers. It's usually like the boyfriend, or lover. Does Emma have a boyfriend? Nevermind about that, I look at Matthew and sighed. I can't believe I'm apologizing to him.
"I'm sorry, Matt." I apologized. He looks at me with shock for a while. Then, he laughs. I stare at him confused, and furrow my eyebrows. What's so funny? Apologies are comforting and sweet, not a joke.
"Why are you laughing...?" I ask, crossing my arms.
"You'll regret your apology later."

--

As Matthew and I walk down the hallway of the Police Department, I thought of the cruel words Matthew told me. 'You'll regret your apology later'. What did he mean by that? What is he going to do?
My thoughts were lost when the police officer speaks, "Matthew, you're up." The officers took us to the department because we are suspects. They're going to ask us questions, and make us take test that'll lead to Emma. I think it's stupid to count me as a suspect. I just interviewed her.
While a police officer and I waited for my turn to be interviewed, we listen to what Matthew says about the incident.
After a while, I didn't even realize I stopped listening to the conversation because of boredom, until my name is mentioned. I press my ear against the door, desperate to hear the conversation.
"Do you know if Xavier has anything to do with the situation?" I hear the detective ask.
"Who's Xavier?" Matthew said in a disgusted tone.
"Xavier Neyman. The guy who walked with you into the building." He explained. Great, now he knows my first name. Just plain great.
"Ohhh. That's his first name?" He said, laughing. Matthew isn't a great name either, mine's unique for his information.
"Please answer the question." The detective said, impatiently.
"Okay, fine.....Mr.Neyman is part of the situation..he asked for Emma's address..he said he would arrive to her house around the same time the intruder came in." He said. What! The police officer next to me looks at me suspiciously. This is all wrong. I'm being framed. Just stay calm, stay calm.
"Actually, he's right." I heard the other police officer say in the room. "I was looking through the victim's broken phone...the last person who sent her the text message was Xavier Neyman. Saying he was coming over around the time the intruder came." Theres a silence. Then, the door opens. I stopped leaning on the door, shaking in fear. I'm guessing it's my turn to go in now. First, the police officer comes out, then the detective and last, Matthew. Once our eyes met, it felt like a blade of revenge stabbed me. I felt nothing but hatred for him.
All the officers and the detective stare at me suspiciously. I felt like Matthew has totally convinced them I'm guilty. I just have to explain to them I'm not, even though it may not work.
"Mr. Neyman.." One of the officer says. I know they were already about to tell me to go inside of the interview room, of course.
But my arms were suddenly jerked behind me, and metal clasped tightly onto my skin with a simple snap. Puzzled, I look at my wrist. They put me in handcuffs. "You're under arrest for the kidnapping of Emma Johnson."