Chapter Seven

**Sorry the last chapter was so short! I made sure this one was WAYYY longer!**

*Emma's POV*
My eyes open up to a dark, dull room. I examine the room for a while. There was no light, no objects or furniture, just plain nothing. The wooden, busted-up door stood a couple yards away from me, I looked around for the presence of Matthew, but I didn't see him.

This has to be a trick. He's probably waiting behind the door with a giant chainsaw and a hockey mask to slash me into pieces. I've known Matthew ever since I was a toddler, I thought I knew everything about him. And I mean everything. Were we really best friends? Or was our whole relationship was fake? Curious questions swirled in my head like a tornado.

I sigh and lean back against the wall and the sound of rusty chains following after it. My eyebrows furrowed. Why do I hear chains? I move forward a little to hear the chain noise again. Puzzled, I look down to see where the chain noise was coming from.

Metal cuffs covered in rust were strapped hard onto my wrists, closing every space possible between the inside of the cuff and my skin. I didn't feel the pain of it before, until now. It felt horrible, it was pressing into my skin so hard my hands went numb. I knew if I took these off soon, my hands with be in a deep shade of red. If I ever get these off. I banged my head against the wall. I'm never getting out of here. Matthew can just come and kill me now.

As if on cue, the door creaks open and Matthew steps into the room. "I see you're awake." He said.
"Did you finally realize that you're crazy and you're going to let me go? If not, then I don't care about the any other crap that comes out your mouth." I snapped.
Matthew laughs lightly, and walks closer to me.
"I'm not crazy, Emma. I'm just defending the future my mother wants..and I have to make a few sacrifices to get there.."
I'm a sacrifice? If I am, then how is kidnapping me defending his future? I don't understand.
"What did I do to you....?" I said,"You already took away everything of mine.." I felt tears bridging up in my eyes, as the memory of my dead parents came to mind.
"Liar!" He suddenly yells, he slaps his hand across my face. I fell over onto the cold floor. I felt the pain burn in my cheek, anger rises in me as I sit back up. I give him a cold stare as I start planning violent acts to him in my head. I forgot about him being my best friend. I forgot all the fear I had about the kidnapping. I just want him dead.
"You know what you did..." He says coldly. I don't reply. I was way too angry to answer. "You stole my interview. You ruined my chance to be the guy Mr.Neyman wanted, but I saw he way he talked to you..the way he acted towards you..I knew instantly you were going to get the job..."
Shock struck me. This is the reason he kidnapped me? Is he serious?! This time I replied back,"You ruined my life because of a stupid interview!? I don't even know if I got the job yet!"
"Fine, lets have a bet. Tomorrow, I will find out if I got the job. If I get it, I let you go. If I don't get it, I'll kill you. Deal?"
Before I could say anything, he cuts me off. "Deal." He responds for me. "Great, it's a official!"
No, I didn't get to agree! I want it be NO deal! My anger was replaced by fear in a second. "No! I don't agree!" I yell.
He ignores me, and starts walking towards the door. I follow him until the chains pulls me back. "Matthew! Please! Don't leave!" I shout. Tears stream down my face. He better not leave me. He opens the door, and takes one sly glance at me. "See you later..Emma.." He muttered.
"MATTHEW!" I scream at the top of my lungs before he walks out and shuts the door completely. Silence.

I wish I was with my parents.
They'd make everything better. Even when we got into arguments about a few things.
I remember a saying my mom use to tell me when I was toddler when we walked by the lost and found in school. I love the quote.
"Most things stolen is often returned."
I wish it was a true quote. But if it is, why haven't I been returned yet?