Long Distance

-Note-

Hey guys! This one shot uses the Alex x Ollie ship, which was established in the first chapter. I would recommend reading that first, but it'll be fine if you don't as well.

For this one you guys might have to read 'Double Date' as well, to get some more information about my other characters Danny and Jennifer.

...

"Shorty are you done with packing all your things? We have to empty the place in two days so make sure you don't forget anything." Alex reminded as he taped up their last box and stacked it on top of the others by the door.

"Almost, I've just got a few things I'll do it tomorrow." Ollie brushed off, which was weird because it wasn't like the smaller boy to put things off to the last minute, but Alex didn't question it much as it was pretty understandable. They both were dead exhausted after all the lifting, taping and moving they had been doing from early morning

Both boyfriend's collapsed onto the couch after finally clearing up the kitchen and living room (which they had been dreading the most and rightfully so considering the day they had).

"You're the forgetful one here. Don't leave your laptop behind or something, like last time." The brunette reminded, a little bit offended that Alex thought Ollie would be the one who did things last minute. 

"You still remember that?!" The jock pouted, dropping his head onto his boyfriend's shoulder.

The brunette's cold neck felt nice on his warm skin.

"Of course I remember! We had to drive back home for hours. We didn't even get to see the bedroom of our first university apartment!" Ollie exclaimed incredulously, "Do you know how embarrassing it was to go back to your house after that long, emotional goodbye, only to end up sleeping there again?!"

"We cried a lot didn't we?" Alex chuckled at the memory, before giving his boyfriend's nose a fond tap, "Especially you."

"I didn't cry... that much." Ollie blushed.

"Babe," The blonde stared in disbelief, "We stood in the parking lot for at least two hours because you wouldn't let go of Elliot, and there was snot continuously dribbling down your face for the next three hours after. You almost went back home with him!"

"That's- That's... not a lot." Ollie tried to argue but couldn't come up with anything better, "What about you huh?! You didn't cry any less. You were ready to have your moms move in with us. They had to run away when you weren't looking."

"They didn't run away! They didn't...wait, did they?" Alex thought, eyes widening when he realized, "Oh my god! They did! They said they were going to get ice cream but they were casually chilling at home when we went back. If I hadn't forgotten my laptop, I would've been waiting the whole night, worried something might've happened! I can't believe they lied like that!"

"You're figuring this out now?!" Ollie laughed, and it had already been years since they were dating, heck they even lived together, but the jock still couldn't help but be mesmerized every time he heard the sound. It was his favourite sound in the world.

"What were they supposed to do? You didn't leave them any other choice." The younger continued, and not going to lie, Alex may or may not have forgotten what they were talking about.

Right. University first year, moms running away. Traitors.

There was a very long phone call due after this conversation was over.

"I did! They could've just stayed with us!" Alex argued stubbornly, making his boyfriend laugh even harder.

The jock's lips curved into a soft smile, observing how the brunette's eyes crinkled at the corners as he giggled, the way his head tilted to the side, how his little button nose scrunched up in the most adorable way.