Amnesia

-Note-

Hey guys! This one shot uses the Alex x Ollie ship, which was established in the first chapter. I would recommend reading that first, but it'll be fine if you don't as well.

WARNING: Mature language

...

A sharp light flashed into his eyes as Alex slowly opened them.

Why was he so tired? It felt like he had been asleep for years.

He noticed that a hard mattress had been placed underneath him and all he could see was white.

The air smelled sterile and kind of like antiseptic.

He was in...the hospital?

"Alex you're up! Thank god, everyone was so worried. I was so worried... Don't ever do that to me again!" A slightly high-pitched voice called out from beside him.

He turned his eyes to see a blurry figure with a mop of unruly brown hair, and a black hoodie that was way too big for him.

As his vision cleared, he was met with a pair of big brown eyes staring into his, full of worry.

"W-who are you?"

...

Oliver was getting ready for their date, when he got the most terrifying call of his life. Alex had been in a car accident.

It was three days after the teen had rushed to the hospital in a panic, that his boyfriend had finally woken up.

Oliver was ecstatic. He had never been that relieved in his life, not even when they were planning to cancel the Spider-Man movies.

That is until he found out that the older teen had lost all memory of the past year and a half, including Oliver...

The doctor had said that it was most likely temporary, it could take days, weeks or months but there was also a possibility that it would never come back.

Oliver wasn't going to think about that though. He was going to focus all his energy in trying to get Alex to remember everything.

The doctor advised not to force him to remember anything or put him under any unnecessary stress.

She had said best way to help him was to let him come around on his own, and be there for him every step of the way. So that's what he was going to do.

Oliver had to be positive. Everything was going to be okay.

He took a deep breath before walking towards his boyfriend's locker. "Hey Alex!"

"Hey...Oscar was it?" The taller teen replied, not even looking towards the other as he pulled out a thin textbook.

The smaller teen felt a pang in his chest, but he pushed it away. It wasn't his fault.

"It's Oliver." He smiled.

"Right, right Oliver. Got it. The guy from the hospital, who's apparently my boyfriend. Correct?" The jock asked nonchalantly.

"That's me." Oliver responded, before they fell into an awkward silence.

"Hey, I was thinking-"

"Listen... Oscar, I'm in a bit of a hurry today. Let's talk later ok?" The older teen had already disappeared into the crowd before the boy could respond.

"...it's Ollie" he whispered to himself shoulders slumped, before heading towards his own locker. Alone.

...