Home Alone

-Note-

Hey guys! This one shot uses the Alex x Ollie ship, which was established in the first chapter. I would recommend reading that first, but it'll be fine if you don't as well.

...

"Hey Short Stack! What's up?" Alex asked, trying to sound casual as he snuggled in his large blanket until only his face was visible.

It was a comical sight. A huge jock like him hiding in his bed, trying to feel less scared and alone through the warmth of the soft material he was covered in.

His moms had left him at home, to attend a business trip together for the week.

It was the first time they had left the teen on his own for that long at a stretch.

They normally never planned for trips over two or three days unless one of them was staying back, because of how anxious Alex got with no one around him.

It was one of the reasons why he thrived in social environments, not that any of his friends were aware of his irrational fear.

It would be too embarrassing, especially considering the crowd he hung out with.

This time too, Julia had offered to stay back, but the teen insisted that he was now old enough to stay home alone for a couple days, and that both of his moms needed some time together for themselves, away from him.

Plus everyone was bringing their spouses and significant others, so it would look weird if Rhea came without Julia because her seventeen year old son couldn't manage to stay home alone for a couple days in a perfectly safe neighborhood, and sufficiently stocked up house.

"Hey Annoying Alex, I'm making revision notes, which I'm just saying, you should probably get started on too since the test is only a few days away." Ollie answered, the scratching noise of pen against paper prominent in the background, "Anyway what's   up? Why'd you call?"

Simply hearing the smaller teen's voice made the jock let out a sigh of relief.

It felt familiar and calming.

"Do I need to have a reason to call my adorable boyfriend?" He teased feigning innocence, and Oliver could practically hear his smirk through the phone.

"Yes. I have a lot of work to complete so spit it out." The smaller teen answered.

Alex could hear the noise of books being shifted in the background and pens falling on the floor.

Wow, that sounded like a bit of a mess. Now he felt bad since he was the one who probably distracted the boy.

"Wanna come over to hang out?" The older teen asked, once everything on the other end seemed sorted.

He tried to hide the tremble in his voice as the words came out of his mouth, but was unable to remove it completely.

Great. Now he probably sounded pathetic to his boyfriend.

"It's okay if you're busy. I was just wondering..." He quickly added, in order to not sound desperate or make Ollie feel forced to come over.

Especially considering how much revision he probably had because of all his advanced classes.

Alex knew he shouldn't have been bothering the smaller teen in the first place, because he knew how important his studies were to him, but his boyfriend was the only other person he could count on.