Prologue

Harry Potter, the 18-year-old savior and defeater of Dark Lord Voldemort was currently writing a new prototype draft for his project. To the despair of many, he decided being an auror just wasn't for him, instead joining the unspeakables; claiming he's seen enough action for a lifetime. Ron had fussed all about it, but Harry wouldn't budge his decision. Hermione of course was delighted of his prestigious choice, and with a couple threats and book slaps got Ron to let off. Of course, being held a hero had its perks, and he was accepted immediately without any more than his name. Harry quite enjoyed his job as an unspeakable, wanting to understand the abnormalities the world had to offer. Harry's recent development was an experimental time turner. This time turner rather than requiring to be spun several times would take you back in time based off thoughts. Harry's idea came from wanting to travel back further than a couple hours. It was highly inconvenient to spin it hundreds of times and even that had its limits. He instead used wand activated thoughts to instruct how far back to go. The current model could only take you back a few hours for safety concerns and had to be activated by wand to avoid stray thoughts taking you who knows where. Of course, such a thing couldn't just be kept just anywhere, so Harry always wore it safely around his neck.

Harry was one of few currently on duty during an early shift. Harry was efficiently scribbling away about new edits he could make to his time turner. That was until an ear shattering explosion was heard followed by high pitched screaming. Whipping around with his wand in hand, he immediately exited his office and dashed down the wide hallway. Just because he didn't become an auror didn't mean he wasn't ready to fight. You could thank war trauma for that one. He became aware of a group of Death Eaters surrounding the premise, clearly targeting him. Without a moment of hesitation, the dueling begins. Shouts of spells both light and dark cause a fiery battle to commence. An array of colors clashed through the hall, crashes, pained cries, screams, and explosions echoing. Debris was everywhere, and blood was soon spilt. Harry was in an intense duel with three death eaters, somehow still singlehandedly holding them back. The three were losing aim, clutching at their injured spots. He was perfectly fine until suddenly, a strong confringo is sent by his side. Turning, Harry tried to block it but was too late. The spell hit him square in the chest, clashing into the time turner. Unable to counter it he was hurdling backwards full speed into a pile of rubble. Crashing into the wall, the ministry workers watched in horror as their savior made hard contact and started bleeding profusely. What people didn't notice was small grains of sand that scattered as the hourglass shattered. Harry felt his vision blur and his limbs numbing; he felt as if this was the end; and honestly, he wasn't too upset about it. Harry's last thought before losing conscious was seeing his parents, Sirius, and Remus once again, wishing to spend more time with them. He smiles weakly before his body fell limp. He was unaware that his shattered time turner would make that wish come true. The surrounding sand started to glow. Its light started forming shimmery blanket over his unconscious body, similar to one from protego. The cracked body of the time turner started spinning uncontrollably, a whirlwind of air swirling around him. The light increased rapidly before a bright flash blinded everyone, and with that he was gone without a trace.

James Potter was currently cornering an irritated Lily Evans. They were alone in an empty hallway, James trying to start small talk as Lily ignored him.

"Come on Lilyflower, you've been ignoring me for the last 10 minutes!"

"Don't call me that, and it is Evans to you. Why don't you use your brain for once and leave me alone!"

"Oh come on, no one's here and there isn't a class yet! At least tell me how your day was?"

"No I will not, now shut up you- "Lily stopped mid-sentence when a bright light flashed in front of them along with a piercing crack. Startled, as the blinding light dissipated, they both whipped out their wands and pointed it at the source, not wanting to risk an attack. Death eaters were on the rise after all. Lily was first to realize what or more who the light and sound came from.