Chapter 5

He couldn't think properly. He was thrown back into his times. Hogwarts was in ashes, dead bodies scattering the courtyard. He started hyperventilating with tears in his eyes as he backed up slowly.

"It's your fault!" he heard echo in the distance. He whipped his head around to see nothing but darkness. He had no idea who it was, he was blinded by the shadows obstructing his vision. In panic he ran, but still couldn't escape.

"Why didn't you save us?" A faded form of Cedric whispered harshly, Fred by his side. Frightened, Harry tried to sprint the other direction, only to be stopped by his friends.

"As if we actually like you," Hermione scoffed as she crossed her arms. Ron was looking at him disgust. He tried to turn away only to face Dumbledore.

"You failed everyone. I was expecting more from you," Dumbledore told him gravely, his eyes full of disappointment. He bolted but was once again stopped.

"Why'd you abandon us?" Ginny asked with tears, the Weasleys close behind. The scene changed to Sirius falling through the veil. Harry watched helplessly as his body faded from sight. Suddenly, younger Sirius appeared in front of him.

"I never loved you," Sirius bit out, his voice echoing throughout his mind.

Harry gasped as his eyes snapped open. He felt his sheets drenched in sweat, his breath ragged. He glanced around to see everyone asleep, the morning light filling the room. He sighed as he wiped the sweat off his forehead. He hadn't had a nightmare for a while. He supposed his luck would have to run out eventually. Deciding that falling back asleep wasn't worth it, he quietly stood up and got ready for the morning.

By the time everyone was awake, Harry was completely dressed and ready for the day, though he had rather noticeable bags under his eyes.

"Slept badly?" Remus asked from behind, concerned for his friend. Harry nodded tiredly.

"Nothing I can't handle, don't worry about me," he reassured him. Sirius looked at Harry in concern but didn't say anything. He was still unsure how to go about his new feelings.

"Damn, you look like shit, Har," James commented as he came out of the bathroom with drenched hair. Harry gave his father a wry look.

"Thanks," he replied sarcastically. James had the audacity to grin as he wiped his hair with a towel.

The group headed down together to the Great Hall, Harry joining them. He decided he'd sit with the Marauders in the morning, Lily and Severus during lunch, and Frank, Alice, Molly, and Arthur at dinner. He sat in his usual position between Remus and Sirius, though he noted that Sirius seemed, uncomfortable? He was fidgeting slightly, a slight crease in his brow. He wondered why that was, did he do something? Though he didn't have much time to ponder over it before a swarm of owls came in. Harry was pleasantly surprised when a brown barn owl swooped its way over to him and dropped a rather formal envelope beside his plate. Recognizing the golden seal immediately, he grinned and quickly ripped the ministry letter. The marauders who saw the ecstatic look on his face all watched him in curiosity. Harry hastily read through the letter.

Dear Mr. Peverell,

We are pleased to inform you that your potion marketed as The Lycanthropy Potion has been evaluated and accepted within the Inventions Department. We request a meeting with you along with an adult of choosing to discuss your path forward. Please send a letter back with a date and time.

-Potions Inventions Department Head

Harry smiled brightly once he finished.

"It got accepted!" he exclaimed ecstatically. Before the Marauders could reply, Harry jumped off the bench and sprinted over to Lily and Severus, fellow potion lovers. Sirius watched him leave in annoyance. Why did he want to share the news with Snivillus and not him?