Chapter 2

Harry woke at the brink of daylight that morning. He didn't have time to waste after all, he had a dark lord to defeat. Snores could be heard along with subtle bird chirping. Quietly crawling out of bed, he efficiently got dressed and ready without waking the others. He wore his dragon leather combat gear and grabbed his wand. He was going to the room of requirement; not to destroy the diadem (he didn't have his basilisk venom) but to train like he did in the DA. Now that he thought about it, he couldn't wait to tell Dumbledore about his little club; it would certainly entertain him to no end. Harry left the dormitory, not noticing Remus staring, forgetting he had heightened senses from his werewolf side. Exiting the common room, he started making his way to the ROR.

Remus stared at the door the new boy exited through. What was he up to?! Combat clothing? And this early in the morning no less. He would follow him, but he was following curfew; it wasn't his place even as a prefect. He vaguely wondered where he was heading, after all he was supposedly new and most likely didn't know where everything was. Perhaps their current project could be aided in this mystery. A.N He is talking about the Marauder's map; they are still inventing it momentarily.

Harry arrived in its location after many flights of stairs and walked back and forth three times.

'I need a place to train, I need a place to train, I need a place to train,' he focused on as he paced. Soon enough a familiar rumbling was heard and before him was a wooden door with iron bars. Pulling the large, rusted handle, the door creaked revealing a vast dueling room. Entering the newly found arena, he scoped what the ROR provided him. It looked almost identical to the DA room except for its size; instead of a classroom it only had the training supplies. Harry started with stretches and physical training; just because they were wizards doesn't mean they didn't need to train their bodies. Once he was done, he waved a hand to summon his wand; a skill he developed after the war. Once Voldemort was defeated, he aided Aurors in hunting the remaining death eaters, a reason he didn't want to be an Auror. Once he experienced it, he realized he absolutely abhorred it. Though that didn't prevent him from training hard. Turns out Voldemort's horcrux leached off his power and abilities, making him weaker than he truly was. With the horcrux gone, his power grew and apparently, he was just as talented as his parents; not just average like he was his whole life.

Slash after slash, spell after spell, he dueled a group of dummies set to be as powerful as death eaters. It was a bit strange training back in his short 15-year-old body, but he got used to it soon enough. Peculiarly, he preserved his current strengths; he would have to study how the time turner altered his appearance but maintained his abilities. Next, he went to the targets, attempting to break through the resistance charms set. He was satisfied only when he mutilated the targets to oblivion. By the end of his training, he was panting and holding his knees. Deciding that was enough for the morning and headed back to the dorms. Once he had a free class, Harry would head down to the chamber for his basilisk venom.

Returning still early in the morning, he took a shower and got ready in his school uniform, his bag packed.

As he was about to head to breakfast, he heard a soft, "Where did you go?" from behind. Twisting around, Harry saw a young Remus staring curiously at him.

"Um, nowhere important...?" Harry trailed off with a questioning tone, not making eye contact. He was never good at lying. Remus raised an eyebrow.

"Right. Well, I'm a prefect and it is my job to know where everyone is. Now, where were you?" he pushed; he technically had the right to ask. Harry fidgeted, breaking at the stare.

"I was training, with Headmaster's permission of course," he stated as calmly as he could, though he still heard the nervousness in his voice. Remus gazed at him suspiciously for a long moment.