Chapter 8

"Let me introduce you. The Lestrange twins, I know you've met Black, I apologize for her previous rudeness. That's Nott, Dolohov, Crabbe, and Goyle," he introduced, indicating to each person. Harry smiled tightly.

"Pleasure." Bellatrix sneered at him while the others didn't acknowledge him. Harry's eyes twitched. Honestly, they weren't making a very good impression.

"What did you need?" he asked Lucius. Lucius raised an innocent eyebrow.

"I merely wanted to talk to my new friend," he answered. Harry gave a knowing look.

"Very well then. Any topic in mind?" The blonde smirked slightly.

"Well, are you planning on releasing any other potions?" he asked lightly. Harry wanted to bang his head on the table. The blatant greed was dead obvious.

"Not anytime soon. Perhaps in the future." He didn't miss the slight disappointment etched onto his face. The rest of the conversation was... tense. Harry definitely didn't miss the souring look on the Death Eater's faces.

"Hey Harry, could you help me with my homework?" an angel called from behind. Harry had to hold back a grateful smile.

"Of course, Lily. Sorry guys, I'll talk to you later," he said before practically sprinting away.

"Choosing a mudblood? Why do you waste your time with him? He hangs out with bloodtraitors," Dolohov spat.

"Exactly! He's practically one himself," Nott added. Lucius hummed.

"Now, now, we will have time to convince him otherwise. Besides, he has potential." He lowered his voice and leaned in. "Exactly what the Dark Lord needs."

"Lily thank you from the bottom of my heart, I owe you big time!" he exclaimed as he hugged the girl. Lily let out a squeak of surprise.

"What are you talking about, I just needed help on my homework." Harry rolled his eyes.

"We both know you never need help. You're about the smartest witch in our year." The redhead witch fidgeted with an embarrassed blush.

"You looked uncomfortable over there." Harry smiled brightly at his mother. She was so caring. The two walked back to the Gryffindors, knowing fully well Severus would be in a load of trouble if they sat with him.

~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~ ~

Harry grimaced as he woke up that morning. Today's date was particular to him. It was Hollow's eve. It didn't take long for his friends to realize what got him in such a sour mood. James was particularly comforting.

"You ready for the feast?" James asked concerned as the time approached. Harry had a slight scowl.

"I'm not going," he grumbled. Remus sighed.

"I'll talk to the teachers for you." And the brunette headed out to find McGonagall. Harry just walked off silently.

"Hey Harry, would you like to be alone?" Sirius asked softly. Harry nodded slightly. The boy smiled understandably and left his side, dragging Peter with him. As soon as everyone left the room Harry slumped. It didn't matter that they were alive, he would always hate today. In a way, seeing them so happy and lively made it worse. It was his fault that they died so young. Harry waited for a while before leaving as well.

"Oh, Harry!" a voice called beside him.

"Afternoon, Lily," Harry mumbled as the sweet girl smiled at him. The smile soon turned to a frown.

"Are you okay, Harry? You seem upset," she said, her finger against her lips. Harry didn't know whether he wanted to cry or smile. Perhaps it was a mother's intuition, but Lily just always knew him like the back of her hand. She could tell when she was excited, nervous, hurt, angry, everything.