Chapter 3

It had been a week since he returned to the past. He became quite close to the Marauders, Lily, Severus, as well as the future Weasleys and Longbottoms. He sincerely hoped he could prevent the tragedy befalling them all. Harry noticed with relief that the Marauders stopped bullying Severus, thus improving their relationship with Lily. Lily had stopped avoiding them, much to James's delight.

Deciding against any gear, he strapped on his wand and weapon holsters. It was quite early in the morning with no one was awake except for Remus, who didn't question anything. In fact, he simply ignored him. The boy had been acting strange around him for a while now, and it bothered him to no end. He hoped he didn't upset him or something, the gentle wolf meant a lot to him.

"Good morning, Remus," he hesitantly greeted as he passed. The scarred boy gazed at him but immediately went back to his book.

"Morning," was his curt reply. Slightly hurt, Harry walked past with his head down, trying not to show it. Once he arrived at the familiar room, he paced three times, steeling himself for his next task.

'I need to find the horcrux, I need to find the horcrux, I need to find the horcrux,' he thought as he paced. The familiar doors morphed into existence, and he pushed it open. Remembering its hidden location, he made his way to a large pile and started digging. Sifting through many trinkets and jewelry, he saw the familiar sparkle of a deep blue sapphire. Grinning, he grabbed onto it and pulled out Ravenclaw's diadem. The silver tiara glistened, its blue gems shimmering and swirling in the light. It was a shame Voldy put such dark magic in a gorgeous artifact as this. Wasting no time, he climbed out of the pile and headed to an empty space on the floor. He put the delicate piece on the ground and casted a strong shield on himself, knowing what was to come. The horcrux was hissing and shaking slightly as if expecting what was to come and trying to escape. Paying no mind, he pulled his venomous dagger out of its holster and immediately stabbed the diadem directly in the center. Hisses and echoed cries were heard from the horcrux as if it were in agony, but Harry ignored it all. Black smoke surrounded them with an essence of Voldemort attempting to attack him, but his protections were too strong, and the attempts were futile. Once the cries seized and the smoke dissipated, he ripped the dagger out of the mutilated silver. He returned the weapon to his side and kicked the stupid trinket back into a pile, the remains satisfyingly crashing with a clatter. He smiled vindictively; Voldemort was going down. With the first one done and 4 more to go, he headed back to his dorms and got ready for the day.

"Hey Harry! Catch!" James shouted from behind as he walked. With his seeker instincts he immediately whipped around, hands hand out for the incoming object. He was quite surprised when he found a rat fall into his grasp, its small body wriggling about. He had seen this rat way too many times before with Ron; it was Peter. He immediately wiped the recognition off his face though, he wasn't supposed to know about their forms.

FLASHBACK

"Hey, Harry...?" Peter quietly asked one day while they were alone. Harry gave a small glare but nonetheless turned.

"Yes, Peter?" he responded as politely as he could. The boy whimpered a bit but didn't back down.

"Why do you hate me so much? I mean I know you are trying to be civil, but you clearly dislike me. Did I do something wrong?" the shy boy whispered out; hands nervously clasped. Harry stared a moment before he felt a small pang of guilt. He had been rude, hadn't he? This Peter hadn't betrayed his family, and he wasn't a death eater yet. He basically didn't do anything wrong. Maybe instead of antagonizing him he could help like Severus. He gave a small sigh.

"I'm sorry Peter, you just," he hesitated, finding the right words, "you remind me of someone I used to know, and he is responsible for my lack of family," he settled on putting it. Peter's eyes widened but he immediately gazed down.