Chapter 4

"So, Harry," James started as he walked over to him. Harry turned around with a sweater in hand.

"Yes?" Harry looked curiously at his father. James gave him a bright grin.

"You're a marauder now, so you need to learn a couple things. First is our phrase." Harry had to bite his cheek to not smile. He already knew everything of course, but this was just too good.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!" the four chorused. Sirius and James did so with the upmost pride, Peter just mumbled shyly, and Remus joined along with a roll of his eyes. Harry so wanted to laugh at their antics but held back.

"Nice phrase," he settled on. Sirius stepped forward next, hands on his hip.

"And time for our names. Call me padfoot, pads for short. James is Prongs," James stroke a pose, "Peter is Wormtail, and Remus over there is Moony." Peter just smiled shyly while Remus gave a small nod of his head.

"Now, you need one too," James continued, "ours are named after our Animagus form, yes we are Animagus, no need to be shocked," he stated cockily. Harry raised an eyebrow; he wasn't shocked as he already knew. "However, seeing as you aren't, we'll have to figure something out." Harry just giggled quietly.

"There's no need," he replied nonchalantly as he finished slipping on his sweater. The boys raised an eyebrow at the boy, not catching on. Harry just smirked mischievously before transforming into a vicious tiger. The four boys gaped at the now four-legged beast filling a quarter of the room. His fur was black instead of the bright orange along with white stripes down his back. On its forehead laid a small scar, a patch of fur missing.

Harry gave a smirk (quite weird in tiger form), before morphing back.

"So, what should my name be?" he questioned casually. Moony was the first to snap out of it.

"That was impressive Harry, a tiger huh? That represents bravery, strength, courage, and justice," he said softly. Harry blushed but also felt pleased by the praise.

"Woah, Woah, Woah. When did you become an Animagus?!" Sirius asked incredulously. Harry paused a moment. He couldn't say he became one at eighteen when he's supposedly 15...

"Not long ago," he settled for. The boys seemed to want to ask more but didn't pry. For now at least.

"What about Shade? Because he's dark?" Peter hesitantly suggested.

"Are you kidding? That's lame," James scoffed. Harry felt himself stiffen at his father's lack of tact. Peter just sunk down and didn't say anything else, but his eyes showed disappointment. Harry recognized it; it was how Neville looked when he was disregarded in conversation. Perhaps he could build his confidence up. Maybe then, he won't join the death eaters.

"I like it," he interrupted, grinning at Peter. "It certainly fits." James turned to him surprised, but just shrugged.

"If that's what you want, I guess." Peter looked at Harry stunned before smiling slightly to himself. Remus watched the slight interaction with approval. It was clear Harry was trying to encourage Peter. After hearing he was responsible for Lily and James's death, it was no wonder he didn't like the boy at first. Yet here he was, trying to build his past parents' murderer's confidence. Sirius, however, was distracted by something else. He suddenly walked over to Harry, a little closer than polite and pulled back his fringe to reveal his signature lightning bolt scar. Harry jerked back and immediately slapped Sirius's hand down before covering the mark with his hand.

"Hey Har, what happened?" he asked concerned. Sirius despite his personality was a Black; he recognized a cursed scar when he sees one. The shape couldn't have been a coincidence. What he didn't expect was the venomous look Harry had.