CH4 - Truce

~~3rd POV~~

The two boys furrowed their eyebrows at Celeste. She gave out a surprised look upon seeing them, but a warm smile soon replaced it.

"Ha-chi, Too-chi, you're both here early. Where's Aunty Eri?"

"Out on a grocery. What did you mean by you're transferring to Karasuno?" Hajime inquired with furrowed brows.

"Oh. That. It's exactly what it is." She shrugged.

"Why?" Tooru couldn't hide his worry and disappointment.

Celeste pondered for a moment, unsure whether it was for the better good to share her reasons.

"I'll tell you both all of it, but not right now. Give me until half the 2nd semester, okay? I promise I will transfer back to Seijoh after." She tried to give them the type of smile she knew they couldn't resist.

Both sighed.

"Ce-chi, this is Iwa-chan, and I's last year in Seijoh." Tooru sadly stated. "What random whims did you have this time again?"

The girl pouted, already feeling the guilt course through her body. 'I'm doing this for you too,' she thought.

The three kept quiet, knowing full well that once Celeste made up her mind, there was no changing it. Regardless, the two still tried anyway.

"School starts in two days. That's nearly not enough time to do some school transfer paperwork." Hajime stated. "It's the weekend too."

"I'll figure it out. It's fine."

"You could also just stay in Seijoh this year, then move to Karasuno the following year. At least we have graduated then." Tooru offered.

"But I'm going to Fukurodani next year. That plan won't change."

"Karasuno might be a decent school but its not highly reputable, how did you even find out of such school?" Tooru huffed out.

Celeste blinked, "That may be so but I still want to go."

"Fine, although I don't know why you want to go, how about we arrange a weekly visit to Karasuno under the pretense of volleyball practice, that way you can just stay in Seijoh. Yeah, that's a good plan." The brown-eyed boy nodded to himself proudly.

"I guess, but that doesn't serve my purpose besides.."

"And how about your decision to apply as our volleyball manager? Our coach is already aware of your capabilities and background." Hajime interrupted. "They are expecting you."

Celeste slumped on the sofa and cuddled her legs to her chest. After a moment of silence, she spoke quietly. "I went for my morning run and met Kageyama-kun."

Tooru tensed. "So you met Tobio-chan." He said the name with such distaste the girl looked up at him inquiringly. "Do you hate him that much?"

He only kept quiet.

"Is he going to Karasuno?" Hajime queried.

"Yes."

"Why would you follow him though? You don't know him." Tooru's growing annoyance became evident.

"Because of you two. Well, mostly you."

"What?" Both boys asked in unison.

"I remember everything okay. Every story you told me. I remember the things you've detailed about him," she sighed heavily and continued, "and Too-chi I see why you feel that way towards him, but I'm quite curious how much of a great setter this 'Tobio-chan' really is. Is he really better than you? Or are you just blinded? Maybe you're just- "

"Why are you concerned about that? Besides, if you want to see him play our team will eventually compete with them." Tooru interrupted.

"That's not it. I want to see how he plays on and off an official court."

"We can set up practice matches. You know that, right?" This time Hajime could not hide his exasperation. Both men only wanted to spend their last year of high school with their best friend, in the same school preferably.

"It won't be the same."

"We have always indulged you in your impulsive decisions and exceptionally random whims, but don't you think this is pulling it?"

"It's not on impulse though! I thought of this thoroughly, Ha-chi."

"Are we seriously going to argue over this when you also just got back to Japan?"

"Shouldn't I be the one asking that?" Celeste retorted.

"Iwa-chan, just let her be. It's not like she's going to change her mind." With that, Tooru stood up and went for the door.

"Wait! A truce!" The girl ran after Tooru and grabbed onto his wrist. "Let's do a truce. Please."

He and Hajime looked at each other weakly and defeatedly nodded their heads.

She bit her lip. "I also have personal reasons as to why I'm changing schools, so please understand." The blue-eyed girl looked up with a hopeful smile.

Just then, the door to the apartment opened and a pale woman with furrowed brows walked in.

"Aunty Eri? Are you ok?"

The said person looked up slightly confused but still faintly nodded her head, and her raven curls bounced off along with it. "Just somewhat dizzy, it's hot out." Eri forced out a small chuckle in spite of a growing chest pain.

"We can help with the groceries, aunty, please take a seat." Hajime took away the bags from the lady's hand and Tooru followed suit with his signature cheeky smile.

"You look pale and unwell. Do you want to go to a clinic?" Celeste worriedly inquired as she helped her aunt to the sofa.

Eri gingerly smiled, "It's just the heat. You know I don't do well under the scorching sun."

The girl seem unconvinced but let it go nonetheless. Tooru walked towards them and handed Eri a glass of water whom the latter gratefully accepted with a playful wink. "I really do not need to worry about Celeste living alone. I know neither of you will abandon her." She gently nodded her head to both males.

Eri then sighed heavily, "I have to fly back sooner. One of my patients require urgent surgery and she would not accept any other surgeon but me."

"You're leaving already?" Celeste puffed her cheeks.

"So it seems. As much as I'd love to stay longer, I could not.  Though I have confidence you will settle well, after all, you three have each other." She looked at the boys with fondness and her stare lingered longer on the ravenette girl, her dearest Celeste.

Both Tooru and Hajime sighed at the elder woman's statement and Eri raised a brow at their gesture.

The brown-haired male pouted, "Aunty Eri, guess what crazy thing Celeste had thought of. Again."

The said blue-eyed maiden sheepishly tittered, "Uhm, about that."

~~~~

Author's note:

If you haven't already known, an Academic Year in Japan is April-March. No, not 12 months of school. Rather, it is divided into three semesters: April-June, September-December, then January-March. So summer break is around July to end of August. 

Usually though there are make-up classes, and club activities during the summer break. For example, practice matches or training camps. 

According to a Haikyuu timeline I saw posted online, the Tokyo training camp happened in July a week after the 'away game with Nekoma' in the anime. This fan-fiction I'm writing will follow-through the original events, because this author-chan is lazy and not so creative -.-