Forget Me Not - Oikawa

3rd week of March

Tooru checked his watch for the time, making sure he was not running late for his meet-up with his fellow 3rd years.

It was still a quarter to noon, giving him plenty of time to roam around the park.

Their graduation day was eventful and the famed captain received many well wishes and gifts, mostly from his admirers. Everyone in the volleyball team joined the graduating seniors, making it the most bittersweet and emotional time of all his high school years.

It had been a week since and Tooru was too busy preparing for his departure to Argentina that he now only had the time to hang out with his friends.

The thought of leaving Japan, a place he has know for 18 years, gave him a sense of ambivalence.

He felt exhilarated for the opportunity to train under the guidance of the man who inspired him to play volleyball. But part of his heart felt dejected that he had to leave prematurely to reach his ultimate goal.

A bigger piece of that sadness and uncertainty was Celeste whom he has not even confessed to yet. His heart ached at his impending departure, wishing he could take her with him.

He wanted nothing more than to make their pretend relationship a reality. The situation made him at fault for not being honest in the beginning.

Tooru internally knocked himself for even asking Celeste to be his 'girlfriend until he leaves' when all he really wanted was to express his concealed emotions. He did not like the uncertainty the future held for the two of them and it made him negligent.

He was sure he'd get a beating from Hajime if he found out what he'd been doing.

A slight guilt rose in his chest when he thought of his best friend. It had been an ongoing silent inquiries between the two of them for the past months but neither spoke up.

He had yet to have a proper discussion with him about their feelings for the girl. Does Hajime like her too? Tooru frowned at his inability to discern his ace's true feelings.

Though no one knew, Tooru continued with his sleep-overs at Celeste's apartment. The setter smiled softly at the fond memories he have had with her the past weeks.

They were like real couples when it's just the two of them but goes back to being just best friends around other people, including Hajime.

It was like their own little secret.

The phone he was holding in his grey coat pocket rang, interrupting his thoughts. He stopped walking as he pressed the answer button on the incoming call.

"At your 9'oclock. Black jacket and a white shirt." The voice on the other line echoed.

Tooru craned his neck to his left and saw a man wearing the described clothing wave at him.

"Iwa-chan!!" He waved back and jogged towards him.

"You looked like an idiot walking with a frown on your face then suddenly smiling. Have you finally lost your mind?" This type of greeting seems to be Hajime's signature when it comes to Tooru.

The setter stuck his tongue at his best friend's comment. "Are Mattsu and Maki here now too?"

"Nah, knowing those too, they'll probably be late."

A sudden puff of light air blew in the direction of the river bank.

The cherry blossom trees around them came alive and danced under the wind's whispered song. Its gentle breeze weaving through the branches, making the flowers scatter like floral confetti.