Dance With Me - Iwaizumi

January 2013

3RD POV

A tall figure scurried off the school hallways, carrying a stack of workbooks higher than his head. Beside him was the famed volleyball captain carrying sheets of paper he was trying to balance with one hand.

"Lazykawa, if those exam sheets scatter, a smack in the head will be the least of your worries." The tall ace threatened.

"Geez Iwa-chan, you're so short-tempered. No wonder girls don't flock around you."

"I'm not a flirtatious, affection-starved man like you."

"Eek! What a bully." Tooru stuck his tongue out and pouted with a loud humpf.

Hajime sighed, "I should probably apologize for hitting you with volleyball so often."

The setter was struck with surprise at his comment.

"Eh, what brought this up?"

"Because you've been hit so many times in the head, it seems you are now suffering developmental issues." The smirk on the ace's lips gave Tooru a sudden realization.

"Kya! You just called me immature in a roundabout way!"

"Well, your childish theatrics are getting tiresome."

Hajime gave half of the workbooks he held to the captain and proceeded to walk faster.

Tooru paused to adjust his arms, struggling to see what was in front of him from the heightened pile he was holding. "Wait up, Iwa-chan!"

The olive-eyed lad ignored the poor 3rd year and kept walking ahead.

Now that he had a better view of the hallway, he could see a raven-haired girl walk nimbly towards the music room. As she opened the door, a breeze welcomed her, her soft hair fluttering away from her face, revealing her angelic features.

A smile stretched on his lips, eyes entranced. Though far away, he could smell her sweet scent, charming his already yearning heart.

Suddenly, the setter bumped into him, and the stack of papers and workbooks landed on the ground. Hajime turned toward his best friend, a tick mark evident on his face. "What did I tell you?"

"It's not my fault you instantaneously paused! It didn't help that I couldn't see where I was going either!" complained Tooru.

The spiker ace sighed and knelt on the ground to pick up the papers, the captain following suit.

"Why did you stop walking anyway?"

Hajime furrowed his eyebrows. He didn't want to say he saw Celeste because he knew his best friend would happily hop towards her and banter all day. The thought of their closeness brought about a slight pang in his chest.

Without further thought, he said, "Nothing that concerns you."

Tooru was surprised but let it go nonetheless.

Though keeping quiet about it may seem self-serving, Hajime reasoned that a part of him needed an alone time with his dearest Celeste. Once he dropped off the books at the teacher's office, he decided to see the girl.

He started moving relatively quickly, raising a curious look from Tooru. When he got up, he beelined for the teacher's office without sparing a glance at his best friend. The setter followed quietly, trying to discern what the wing spiker was up to.

Once they finished, Hajime struggled to devise an excuse to dismiss his captain, but he no longer needed to because the latter waved his hands at him.

"See you later, Iwa-chan! I just remembered I have to meet with Aoto-sensei." The brow-haired setter rushed out of the office and disappeared into the hallway.