20 - out of mind

I have been stuck in a room for almost two weeks. There are no visitors allowed other than my mother or, The Queen. The voices inside my heads are driving me closer to the edge. They will sometime connect wires from machine to my body to analyze my body and my mind but it did not work.

Arwen comes in a while when she wants to see me but mom forbid it – saying it's bad for her mental health to see her sister like this. Sometimes I saw a glimpse of Alec and the others in the same room with me even just for a second. Mom always visit me everyday to see how I am doing whenever I'm awake or not. She said meeting with the Shadowhunters will only do them harm. I feel like she is not my mom anymore. She is a different person. She talks different. She acts different. She is not the mom, Arwen and I used to know back in New Orleans. She seems stronger and cold. I am not sure if it is a good change or not.

I was staring at the ceiling with all these thoughts while 'Bring Me to Life by Evanescence' was blasting through the speaker. It was great to avoid the noises inside my head sometimes. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Suddenly there was a hissing like from a firecrackers and a round of portal of new dimension appear in front of me. There were Alec and Magnus in it. They were talking to me.

No, this must be my hallucination again.

I closed my eyes and started to sing along to the song but someone hold me and it was Alec. I opened my eyes to see his hazel eyes piercing into mine.

"This is not real." I mumbled to myself. He placed his hands on my face as he keeps calling my name. "Rhea! We have to go!" My mind went all over the place and with the sound of his voice, I came back to where I am in the moment.

"Alec? What are you doing here?!" I hold his hands – hoping that this is not a dream or any hallucination anymore.

"Alec! I can't hold this much longer! They're coming!" Magnus yelled, holding the portal intact. Alec pulled me towards the Portal as I saw the guards and my mom rushing in before Magnus closed the portal.

I was frozen. I'm in the middle of woods out of nowhere with Alec and Magnus. I fell down on the ground and unconscious. 

A/N: Hi! Sorry for not uploading for a long time. I kind of like this chapter but please let me know what you think. I just finished my Bachelor Degree in major that I don't even like or interested in, so yeah. I can't believe that this story has been written when I was in high school until finishing Degree. Such a long journey. 

Please let me know if you like this short updates regularly or long updates but takes longer to update. 

Vote, comments & like if you enjoy this series!