Brothers & Sisters

As daggerheart got dressed the next morning, she re-evaluated every thing that had happened in the last two weeks.

The mating bond that she would not reject until Elain Archerone made it perfectly clear that she wanted to be with Azriel and what she could do if she didn't.

She didn't want to ask her anything. She knew Elain had enough chaos after Hybern that she didn't need anyone to add to that.

She opened the door and called out for Azriel.

He landed a few feet away from her but didn't bother looking at her. Good. She didn't want to say anything to him either.

"We're going to Velaris. " was the only thing she said. He nodded stiffly and took off after her.

Velaris was just as beautiful as she had last seen it.

She wished she could say that she greeted everyone cheerfully but some sense of sourness still lingered. The High Lord and Lady were present this time.

She took a seat opposite to them and Azriel sat besides Morrigan and Cassian. They both exchanged glances with him but didn't speak.

"We were not expecting you to be back so soon." Feyre said.

"I was not expecting my allies to hide as many things as they did. I think we are all surprised every once in a while." She shrugged.

Rhysand shared a glance with Azriel who only looked away. He took a deep breath and opened a mouth to say something but daggerheart leaned over the map, "Lets get this done as quickly as we can, shall we? I think I've had enough of fae for a lifetime."

Feyre nodded hesitantly and soon enough, Cassian, Morrigan and Rhysand were busy in tracking routes and pinning down watch posts. Feyre's knowledge of the forest and the area around it made it easier for them to know which paths were safer and which to avoid.

Around midday, when everyone had gone to have lunch and daggerheart had politely declined, she aimlessly wandered the halls. She imagined Azriel telling them the details of his stay and sighed to herself.

She heard footsteps behind herself and said, "Your sister. Nesta Archerone, that's her name if I'm not wrong?"

Feyre stopped a few steps behind her. "Yes." She said, carefully.

"She was supposed to marry someone in the mortal realm, was she not?"

"I think she wanted to marry a boy. Yes." She took a step and stood besides daggerheart.

Daggerheart made a sound in her throat, "Tell her I cut off his hands."

"Why?" Feyre's went wide.

"Ask your sister. It's not my story to tell. Just know that he deserved much worse but it wasn't my punishment to give. I did the best I could." She turned around and walked backwards. "Don't take this as a sign of things warming up. I did what I did because those are my lands and everyone gets justice. "

If they heard anything about her and Azriel's argument, they didn't let it show. The day went by quickly and occasionally Feyre looked at her for a moment too long but she didn't mind that.

It was only when she was back home that she payed any mind to the people around her.

Azriel went straight to the other side of the house with his sword and she ignored the slashing. She sat cross- legged in the grass and waited.
A pair of tiny heads appeared soon.
She smiled when both of them collapsed in a heap near her.

"We missed you." Both children grinned at her.

"I missed you two too." She smiled sweetly at them.