The Reflections

Daggerheart moving to Velaris was nothing short of a nightmare to Azriel and when two days later, he found her on the dining table laughing at something Cassian had said, he rolled his eyes.

Morrigan nudged her with her elbow and they all looked at him. Then, Cassian mumbled, "Koalas?"

The two girls nodded in unison, "Koalas. "

"What?" He asked in confusion.

Daggerheart smirked, "Nothing, Mr. Death and Doom. Have a seat." She gestured to a chair by her side.

He stood his ground for a second but sighed and sat down when daggerheart raised her eyebrows. He mournfully dug into his food and watched the three snicker among themselves. He pushed his food around the plate and slumped down after a while.

On their first day here, he had been grateful for the comfort of his own house but now daggerheart was getting on his nerves again. He had almost exploded at how welcoming everyone was towards her despite knowing about her involvement in the war but had kept his silence. That combined with his shadows never leaving her side, especially at night, added to his sour mood.

He tried again and again to keep them by his side but as soon as his attention wavered, they hung around her shoulders, wrapping themselves around the tendrils of her dark hair.
Minutes passed and when breakfast was over, daggerheart tested out a bow that Cassian had pulled out when Azriel wasn't watching.

She stood behind them as Cassian leaned over to talk to him.

"I feel bad for you, brother." Cassian said.

"Finally. " Azriel groaned. "I thought you had lost all senses. Can you please tell Mor to not linger around her? We know what she did."

"What? No." Cassian frowned. "I meant that she is obviously the better one. You're going to have to keep up." He chuckled.

Azriel glared at him, "I'm not going to spend my life with her."

Cassian waved an arm dismissively. Then, after some time he said, "Feyre had some work for you but then we all remembered that you were someone else's prisoner now." Cassian leaned back and grinned at him, "But I don't think you have a problem with that."

"Yes, I do." Azriel snapped. He threw a glare at daggerheart who was still inspecting the bow and said in hushed voice, "I am not enjoying myself Cassian. I need to get away from her."

Cassian shrugged, "Well, we can't do anything about this, can we?"

Azriel shook his head in frustration, "What did Feyre want me to do?"

"Oh, nothing. I did that. Something in the winter court and their thousand libraries. Rhys wanted something from one of them."

"The Winter Court and what?" Daggerheart slowly put the bow down and turned to face them.

No.

"Uhh.." Cassian hesitated, glancing at Azriel to see if her sudden reaction meant something bad. "A thousand libraries?"

Daggerheart stood still. Very still.

He sucked in a breath to prepare myself.

"A thousand libraries?" She carefully repeated. "Here? In Pyrthian?"

"They are not in the Night Court." Azriel interrupted them before she could get her hopes high. "We have a grand library in the mountain-"

"A mountain full of books?!" She slammed her hand on the table and Cassian removed his hand from her proximity.