Angel

The process of locating safe routes was a lengthy one but Daggerheart didn't mind staying in Velaris for long. Her mornings were spent around a map with Rhysand, Feyre, Morrigan and Cassian; her afternoons usually discussing or reading books with Amren and her evenings bickering with the Spymaster with only Butters to intervene.

Almost two months had passed when an idea stuck her and she rushed to see the High Lord. Her, Feyre and Mor surrounded him as Cassian supported their argument from the doorstep. She was sure he didn't quite know what was going on but she appreciated him supporting them.

"Rhys, you have to." Mor pleaded.

"What else are you going to do? Say no?" Daggerheart raised her eyebrows.

Rhysand sighed, "Can you take a seat and stop shouting at me."

"We don't need to take a seat." Feyre huffed. "I'm not asking for your permission, Rhys. I'm telling you that I'm going to fund this."

"And I'm not going to stop you." He rubbed his temple. "You can do whatever you want to."

"I don't know what they are asking for but they better get it." Cassian called from the doorstep.

Rhys threw his arms in the air. "I'm not denying them anything." Then, to the three he said, "Ladies, can we sit down? I never said no to anything."

Daggerheart snorted, "As if you can."

The three of them sat down and Mor said, "We're taking out the funds and we need volunteers."

"Right. Amazing." Rhys nodded. "For what?"

"Tiny libraries in the streets." Feyre said.

"How tiny?"

"Oh the size of a postbox maybe. People can put in the books they've read and take out the books put there by other people." Daggerheart explained. "People can't go in the library but the library can go to the people."

Mor nodded eagerly, "This would also be more convenient for children or the elderly. You don't even have to pay for the books!"

Rhysand looked at their enthusiastic faces and nodded, "I was not going to refuse you anything, you know? You didn't have to ask me."

"We're not asking." Daggerheart made a face.

"We're only letting you know." Morrigan added.

Feyre nodded along with them as Daggerheart's eyes landed on the spymaster whispering something to a grinning Cassian.

"Is something amusing you, Mr. Death and Doom?" All eyes turned towards him and Azriel rapidly shook his head.

"He wants to speak to you." Cassian nudged his shoulder and Azriel elbowed him in the stomach.

"Me?" Daggerheart looked between them. "Did you do anything to Butters?" She glared at him.

"No! He's fine. Everything is fine." He put his hands up. Then, he hesitantly said, "Can I talk to you? Alone, I mean." He glared at Cassian who was already whispering something in Feyre's ear.

Daggerheart frowned when Feyre covered her mouth and almost jumped up from her seat. She raised her eyebrows and Feyre shook her head with the same grin.

"Go on. We'll wait for you." She almost choked on her words.

Daggerheart gave them all a weird look before leaving as Mor grabbed Cassian's collar and Rhys's eyes twinkled.

"Where are we going, Mr. Death and Doom?" She asked.

"To your house." Azriel spread his wings and Daggerheart flew alongside him.