Epilogue

"Azriel!" Daggerheart peered outside the window. "Azriel!" Not finding her mate anywhere, she turned around only to collide with his chest.

He smiled notoriously at her, "Hi."

She slapped his chest and glared at him, "Where is he?"

"Where is who?" He cocked his head to a side.

"You know who I'm talking about."

"I don't." He shook his head in confusion.

"Our child, Azriel!" She sighed with exasperation. "Who else lives in this house?"

"You could be talking about Mr. Butters." He mumbled.

"I know where Mr. Butters is." She stormed off towards the kitchen. Then stopped, "Do I?"

Azriel raised his eyebrows and smiled, "See? They must be together."

"Oh, yes!" She kissed his cheek and ran downstairs.

He followed her and saw her leaning out of the wide window. He draped his arm around her waist and rested his chin on her head. "I told you." He smiled.

The little boy giggled among the tall grass and covered his face with his hands. Butters perched in his lap and nibbled on a small carrot. He removed his hands from his face and exclaimed excitedly. Butters hopped out of his lap and disappeared in the tall grass. He ran after the little creature, his brown eyes glittering and his tiny legs almost making him stumble. He laughed and picked up the little furry creature. He pressed his face against the fur, his skin smooth like melted chocolate and kissed Butters's tiny nose.

Daggerheart called out to him, "Ren! Ren! Darling, can you come here?"

The little boy looked at them and grinned. He put Butters down and dashed across the garden. Pushing open the door from the garden, he grinned and spread his arms.
Azriel scooped him up and he pressed his plump cheek against his face. "You had us both worried, sweetheart." Az said.

"I was with Butters." Ren pouted. His huge eyes looked between his mother and father before Daggerheart leaned forward and kissed his hands. "We know. Just tell us when you go outside the house. Yes?"

He smiled, "Yes, mumma."

She wrapped her arms around both Ren and Azriel, "I love my boys." Then, suddenly remembering something she said, "Oh! Ren did you go anywhere with uncle Rhys?"

Ren shook his little head, "No, mumma."

She crossed her arms across her chest, "What did I tell you about lying?"

Ren looked down at the floor and snuggled loser to his father, "It only works on papa."

"That's right." She pointed a finger at him. "Now, what did you do out there?"

"We played." He said but when Daggerheart tapped her foot impatiently, he added, "He bought Ren a big penguin toy."

"How big Ren?" Daggerheart interrogated him.

"Bigger than Ren." He stuck his arm in the air. "As big as Mumma."

Daggerheart rolled her eyes, "I can't believe this man."

Azriel smiled, "I'm sure it's not a big deal." He kissed Ren's cheek. "Ren deserves it. Right, Ren?"

The kid nodded furiously, "Ren is a good boy. I finished my broccoli, mumma."

Azriel nodded in approval, "He did. I was there."

Daggerheart sighed, "You're going to spoil him rotten." Ren reached out towards her and she took him into her arms. He kissed her cheek and she smiled. "You can keep the toy at one condition - You have to feed Butters everyday."

"Yes!" He clapped his hands together. "Ren loves Butters."

"I love you so much." She brushed his mob of brown hair back.

"Ren loves mumma too." He hid his face in the crook of her neck and yawned.

"Nap time?" Azriel raised his eyebrows.

Daggerheart nodded and gave him back to Azriel. He Carried him to his room and tucked him in.

He sleepily mumbled, "Ren is going to play with Hazel and Lilo. They will love the penguin."

"I'm sure they will. Sleep for a while, now. I'll be here when you wake up" Azriel kissed his forehead and slowly stepped back.

In the kitchen, Daggerheart leaned against the countertop and smiled fondly at him. He lifted her up and sat her down on the counter. She cupped his face and kissed him deeply.

Pulling back she said, "He looks so happy."

Azriel said, "Of course, he does. He has the greatest mother."

She sighed, "I hope his mother would not be disappointed in me."

Azriel frowned, "You are his mother."

She chuckled, "You know what I mean." She pressed her face against his chest, "I was too stupid and trusted Erasmus and it lead to the attack in Velaris. If I was there, he would still have his real parents."

Azriel pulled her back and looked into her eyes, "It wasn't your fault. There was nothing you could have done. The Queens had no intention to listen what was good for everyone anyway. And we are his real parents." He said firmly.

Daggerheart smiled and slowly nodded, "Yes. We are."

Then, he smirked, "You know, since we are both free-" She raised her eyebrows when he looked back at Ren's bedroom door. "- and Ren is sleeping, we should use this time wisely."

"Oh? Any suggestions on what we could do shadowsinger?" She pulled him closer by the lapels of his jacket.

"Yes, actually." He brushed the pad of his thumb against her bottom lip. Then, he turned around quickly, "We could eat in peace."

He mouth hung open, "Azriel!"

"What?" He grinned.

"You know what! I hate you!" She pushed him away and stomped away before he caught her by the waist and pulled her against his chest.

She struggled to get out of his arms but eventually gave up, collapsing near her pile of books and pouting. "I'm going to reject the bond."

"No, you're not. That's not how this works." He laughed.

"I will find a way." She stubbornly said.

"You won't."

"I will. You can stop me."

"Angel."

"Azriel."

"I love you."

She rolled her eyes with a smile, "I don't."

"Liar." He narrowed his eyes.

"I don't." She shrugged but ended up laughing when Azriel scooped her up and silenced her with a kiss.