30

"L/n... L/n..." I woke up to Byakuya shaking me awake.

"Mmm... five more minutes, Ku-chan...."

"We are literally in a cell and you're asking for 5 minutes just so you can sleep?!"

"Shh... Don't yell so loud, Ku-chan... I'm- OW!" I tried to stand up only to feel pain in my abdomen.

Oh, that's right.

I was stabbed.

"Take it easy, L/n. You're gonna re-open your wound if you keep moving so carelessly," Byakuya scolded as he pulled on my bandages to tighten them.

"Oh? It seems that the demons are awake!" A childish voice was heard from outside our cell.

"Who are you calling a demon?!" Byakuya faced the door with a glare.

"Hehe, Monaca is talking about the two of you, obviously!" The child giggled.

"You insufferable little brat-" Byakuya spat out.

"Nobody insults Monaca like that!" Another childish voice was heard.

Seriously, Is this a nursery or what?!

"Awww, thank you, Kotoko!"

"No worries, Monaca! Gosh, you're so cute!"

"Hahaha, if you don't mind, Miss Kotoko, Miss Monaca, I would like to speak with the pri- I mean... demons," I felt my heart drop at the familiar voice.

No...

Why is he here?!

Of all places, why here?!

I felt my lungs tighten as I struggled to take in air.

I tried my best to listen to the conversation outside my cell, but couldn't hear anything due to my loud heartbeat.

"L/n? Are you alright?" I faintly heard Byakuya call out to me.

"Na...Nagito... Why is he here?" I breathlessly let out.

"L/n...? L/N!" I felt my legs give up from under me.

"Y/n? Y/n?" Byakuya shook me as I continued to hyperventilate.

"Wake up, Y/n. Wake up!"

Wake.... up...?

And just like that, everything went black.

"GAH!" I jolted awake from the cold, wooden floor to see all of my classmates crowded around me.

"Y/n! Thank God you're awake! You gave us quite the scare when you screamed," Nagito was the first one to greet me.

I screamed...?

When did I-

I let out a gasp, "Byakuya!"

I stood up from the floor and peeked under the table where I had found Byakuya's corpse.

So Byakuya really is dead, huh...

I struggled to fight the urge to vomit as I accidently inhaled filthy stench coming from the body.

"Admit it, Y/n. You did this, didn't you?" Kazuichi pointed a finger at me accusingly.

"Wh-What?! Me?!"

"Of course! Who else could it be?"

"Now, now, Kazuichi, It isn't safe to say that Y/n murdered Byakuya since they weren't anywhere near the table where Byakuya is right now," Nagito defended me.

"Oh, n-now that I think about it... Y/n was with us the entire time before the blackout!" Mikan recalled.

Suddenly, Monokuma appeared out of nowhere, "My, my! Now this is getting interesting!"

"On this tropical paradise, known as Jabberwock island, the very first murder has taken place!" The monochrome bear laughed sadistically while looking at my classmates' shocked expressions.

"T-Then... does that mean..?" Nagito asked the question that we were all afraid to ask.

"Puhuhuhu! Of course! Byakuya was killed by one of you!"

"Well, there's no need to find out who the killer is, they're already revealed themselves!" Kazuichi gestured to me.

"Wha- How many times do I have to tell you that I did NOT-"

"Puhuhuhuhu! Even if you're sure about your answer I'll still give you guys time to investigate the crime scene. Toodles~" And with that, the bear disappeared.

***

I kind of lowkey forgot to update this book bc school is being a pain in the ass T__T

I apologize T___T