46

We ran towards the beach, hopeful. Monokuma said he had a present waiting for us at the beach. He said that everyone would be excited to meet him.

Of course, our first initial thought was Nekomaru since we haven't seen him for the whole week. Despite that, we were eager to see our classmate.

I huffed and puffed to try and gasp for air as we all made it to the beach.

"Where... Where in the world is Nekomaru?" Hajime panted.

"Nekomaruuuuuuuuu! Show yourself!" Akane was the most excited of all. After all, she still blames herself for what happened (although she won't admit it).

We raised our voices. Everyone, calling out to our friend. We had been doing this for about 10 minutes and were just about to give up until-

"Gahahahahaha! What happened? Were you all looking for me?" That voice...

"Could it be? Nekomaru??" Sonia exclaimed.

We turned to face where the voice had come from only to find who we were looking for, but....

"W-what the?!" Hajime looked at 'Nekomaru' in disbelief.

"Yo! Sorry I kept y'all waiting!" 'Nekomaru' chuckled, only to be met with silence.

"Hey, what's going on?" He questioned our behavior, "Perhaps you don't remember my face since we haven't seen each other in a while?!" He laughed.

"T-That's not exactly it, Nekomaru..." I spoke.

"Haven't you... noticed it yourself?" Chiaki continued.

"What do you mean noticed?" He paused, "Oh! You mean this body? Hahahahaha, this is nothing!" He raised his robotic arms and flexed them.

"The name's NEKOMARU NIDAI!!! I've been reborn from the rivers of HELLLLL!!!!" He exclaimed. I sweatdropped at the robot's antics.

Sonia shrieked in disbelief, "H-How could this be?!"

"Gahaha-hahahaha!" Nekomaru merely laughed in response, "No matter how you look at it, this is me!"

"It doesn't matter how we look at it! This isn't you at all!" Hajime protested.

***

It was the next day, I walked towards the hotel resturant and as usual, I was the last one there. Everyone was already stuffing their face with food when I got there.

"Y/n! Good morning!" I waved at Nagito, blushing. I grabbed a plate full of food and sat on the empty seat beside the luckster.

"Man, the food today is awesome as usual!" Akane said with a bunch of food still in her mouth.

"As always, you sure do eat a lot! I feel relaxed just by looking at you!" Mechamaru observed the gymnast.

Despite the hours that have passed since Nekomaru came back, everyone was still quite uncomfortable with the robot (aside from Akane, of course).

"Anyway... What are you going to do, Mechamaru?" Chiaki questioned.

Mechamaru...? That's a good one!

"Mechamaru? You're used to him already?!" I chuckled at Hajime's reply.

"What I'm going to do? What do you mean?" Mechamaru questioned the gamer.

"Y'know... for food. Do you eat... I don't know, like, oil?" Chiaki looked at Mechamaru eagerly, "Premium or Regular oil?!"

"Nah, he doesn't need oil. He said that he runs on pure electricity, remember? He probably charges or something" The mechanic was quick to butt in.

"I can totally eat normal food! Especially rice dishes! They're my favorite, I can't keep my eyes off them!!!!!" Mechamaru denied Kazuichi's claim, "However, I've been feeling a bit down today so I lost my appetite."

"How come, Mechamaru?" I questioned.

"Are you malfunctioning?! If you show me your insides, I can fix you up, y'know?" Kazuichi said in an excited manner.

That's... kind of weird...

"NO MEANS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" Mechamaru yelled.

I covered my ears at the sudden increase in volume, "Jesus, that was loud..."

"Ahahahaha!" I heard Nagito laugh.

(Badump)

I removed my hands from my ears, "What, so you're here too?" Fuyuhiko glared at Nagito.

He's been here the whole time dude...

"Ah, I'm sorry," Nagito frowned. "I should know my place and not speak out of turn when everone's gathered like this..." I was quick to deny the luckster's statement.

"Don't worry, Nagito! I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I'm sure Fuyuhiko didn't mean it. Right, Fuyuhiko?" I gave the yakuza a cold, hard glare.

"U-Uh yea, sure... Whatever."

"It's okay, Y/n. I just wanted to make sure that I can talk to you guys about what happened yesterday." Nagito began.

The discussion started off with Mikan's "beloved" then shifted to Future Foundation, our enemy.

Future Foundation, huh...

I feel like I've heard of that name before...

But it's impossible... This is the first time I've even come across this name!

Gosh, thinking about this is giving me a headache...

"Why would an organization that's secretly plotting to end the world... make us suffer like this?" Sonia asked.

"They took the time to abduct us and trap us on this island," Fuyuhiko continued.

"Not only that, they took away several years worth of memories of our lives at Hope's Peak Academy..." Nagito added, "For reasons that are also unknown."

For some odd reason... I don't think the Future Foundation is this evil organization...

I just... feel a sense of... joy..? Whenever it's mentioned...

It feels strange.

Heck, everything is strange!

This wouldn't have happened if I just didn't attend school!!