43

I stared at Nagito as he peacefully slept on a white hospital bed. We decided to rush those who were infected to the hospital and grouped ourselves into two teams: the caretakers who stayed in the hospital and the others that stayed at the hotel nearby.

The caretakers consisted of me, Mikan, Hajime, and Fuyuhiko while the ones residing in the motel were Kazuichi, Hiyoko, Chiaki, Sonia, and Gundham.

I reached my hand out and placed it on Nagito's burning cheek.

Nagito....

He looks so peaceful...

It's like he isn't even breathing...

My eyes widened at my intrusive thought. I placed my finger on the crook of his neck to check if there was a pulse.

His pulse is faint!

I quickly stood up and rushed yo the breakroom to inform the other three.

"Guys!" I slammed the door open only to be greeted by—

"Were you guys sleeping together?!" Fuyuhiko practically yelled.

"Fuyu! I-It's not what it looks like! I-I swea—"

"Y-You dirty rotten bastard! You guys are fucking highschool students" Oh boy, Fuyuhiko is pissed.

"You guys!" I raised my voice which caught their attention.

"Y-Y/n! Is something the matter?" Mikan stuttered.

"It's Nagito... his pulse is faint!"

"HUUUHHHH???" Mikan panicked, "Th-This is bad! Now's not the time for us to rest!" She stood up from the hospital bed and quickly ran to Nagito's room.

I followed Mikan and left the two boys behind.

***

"Nagito! P-Please get ahold of yourself!" Mikan cried out.

No response.

He looked like he wasn't even breathing.

"There's no way he's dead... right? The body discovery announcement isn't playing r-right??" Fuyuhiko said nervously.

This is bad...

Despite Mikan's loud cries, Nagito didn't respond at all.

"Mikan... is Nagito alright?" Hajime asked in worry.

"Uhm... It looks like his breathing has returned... But still, his condition is unpredictable, and that's putting it lightly," Mikan explained.

"How light is that? Is it sweet potato soft?" Monokuma appeared out of nowhere.

"Please don't interfere!" Mikan exclaimed.

I stared at Nagito to find his mouth moving.

"Nagito's saying something," I pointed out which made Mikan, who was closest to Nagito, tilt her ear towards Nagito's lips.

"What did he say?"

"He said that his condition has improved and that he feels great," Mikan stated.

"But doesn't he have the liar disease? I'm sure he means that he feels worse than before," I explained.

"Leave Nagito to me! I'll make sure to nurse him back to normal!" And with that, Mikan went full nurse mode.

She looked so focused when she was tending to Nagito so Hajime, Fuyuhiko, and I decided to leave the room in order to not disturb the nurse.

I separated myself from Hajime and Fuyuhiko as they talked about some "goods" and went back to my cabin to get some sleep.

I hope Nagito would get better tomorrow.

I thought as I let sleep consume me.