✋👆

Brooke's POV:

The next day at school I was waiting for the 4 others so we could talk about the new radio that we were supposed to be getting today. But when they got here it was an odd number.

there were 3/4 and the one missing was Will so I was getting worried because I heard he's never been late nor absent a single day in his life. "Hey where's Will" I asked them they all smirked and said all at once (which was absolutely creepy)

"aww is someone worried" "pfff no it's just uh- you know he doesn't look like he's the type of kid to be late" "don't worry he's probably in class already" "then where's his bike?" "His mom probably dropped him off today" "anyways let's go inside before we are late"

we went Inside and Will wasn't there so I thought maybe he's just sick so he's staying home yeah that's probably what happened.hopefully.

Mikes POV:

I looked to Brooke's seat and she was just starring at wills empty seat and to be honest She looked super worried and don't get me wrong I am to but it's probably not a big deal.

once class was over we went to mr.Clarke's desk and asked "so? Did it come?!" He signed and said "well I don't like being the bearer of bad news but.." aww man I was hopeful that it would come toda- "it came!" We all raced to the AV club and there it was the 'The HealthKit ham shack' "ain't she a beaut" he said

*time skip to when hopper comes*

The four kids are scrunched up on the single couch.chief hopper and officer Callahan sit on opposite sides Callahan righting what happens and hopper questioning us. Brooke stayed quiet the whole time. Once hopper shut us up he's pointed at me and said "you.you said he takes...what?"

"Mirkwood" I answered simply
"'Mirkwood?' You ever hear of Mirkwood?" Hopper said to officer Callahan
"No.sounds made-up"

Lucas then said "it's from lord of the rings-" the habbit" "it doesn't matter!" Lucas yelled "he asked" Dustin said back "he asked" Lucas mocked "Hey!what did I say one at a damn time"

he points at me "you" "Mirkwood.it's a real road it's where Cornwallis and kerley meet." I said.

he then looked over at Brooke and pointed "you.why aren't you talking?is this just some joke to you?" Brooke's eyes went wide and she shook her head rapidly "Nonono it's just I barely even knew him that's the thing I barely started talking to him like 2 days ago." She said.

I kinda felt bad for her hopper shouldn't have accused her so fast cus she looked like she was about to cry. "Mmh okay yeah sure Mike can I talk to you alone?" "Sure?" We went into the hallway and asked "why are you hanging out with her?is she forcing you?Did she blackmail you?are your blackmailing her?you do realize she's a Harrington right?"

Whoa is that how much hate a popular person gets I never even realized.damn. I feel bad for her I mean it's not an everyday thing for someone to accuse you of such a thing.

"Um no we didn't blackmail one another and no she's not forcing us to do anything.and we are hanging out with her because she's cool and and is also one of the only girls we will ever even let us talk too let alone play dnd with us.she may seem like a bitch but she's a cool person and she would show it, if her brother wouldn't be forcing her to act dumb for their popularity status. So stop accusing such bad things from her."

I basically blurted out he looked surprised at first but that quickly turned into guilt once he realized I wasn't joking "alright sorry let's just go back in there and finish the questions"

oh no he didn't "nonono I shouldn't be the one your apologizing to it should be brooke so unless you want me to speak and answer questions you have to apologize to her" "fine~" when they got back in hopper called Brooke over and apologized she said it was fine and we continued answering questions I was quite frustrated of how they wouldn't let us help but I couldn't really do much about.at least for now...