✋🤘

Brooke's POV:

"Hello Brooke this is Mike do you copy?over." Mike said through the walkie-talkie he gave to me so that he could contact me. "Yeah this is Brooke.I copy." "I know it's you and say 'over' when your done so I know when your done talking.over" "I'm here.over" I say mocking him "so I was thinking-"
'Since when could you do that' I thought "-Will could have cast protection but he didn't he put him self in danger to save the party"... "meet me in ten.over and out" I said realizing what he was saying.

3rd person POV:

The whole party met Brooke at Mirkwood (obviously not Will tho) "ah, man. This is it"Lucas signs "hey guys. You feel that? I think maybe we should head back" Dustin says putting his hand in the air "no. We're not going back. just stay close. Come on. Just stay on channel six. Don't do anything stupid."

Everyone started to walk to the woods without Dustin "hey, guys, wait up. Wait up!" Dustin said catching up to them

Time skip*

"WILL" "WILL!" "BYERS" "IVE GOT YOUR X-MAN 1-3-4!!! Guys I really think we should turn back." "Seriously Dustin? if you wanna be a baby then go home already!" Lucas said "no I'm just being realistic" "no your being a big sissy"

"did you ever think Will went missing because he ran into something bad? And we're going the exact same spot where he was last seen?And we don't have weapons or anything?"dustin reasoned yet again
"Shut up" mike said

"I'm just saying,does that sound smart to you?"
"Shut up. Shut up..." mike said as they all heard why he was shutting him off "did you guys hear that?" Mike said as more rustling was heard.

they all turn around to find an almost to the scalped head bald girl with a yellow Benny's burgers T-shirt on.rain dripped on her face as all the boys just stood their when Brooke came up to her and asked if she was ok she didn't reply so Brooke looked behind herself and at Mike and asked "can she borrow your jacket?" Mike nodded not wanting to get on his best friend's crushes bad side.

when they got to mikes house once they finally got the girl to agree on following them, the boys started showering her in questions even tho they never even gave her time to answer
"is there a number we can call?for your parents?" "Where's your hair,do you have cancer?"
"Did you run away?"
"Are you in some kind of trouble?"
"Is that blood?!" Lucas said reaching over to touch it but Brooke slapped his hand away and said "stop it your freaking her out!"

"She's freaking me out!" Lucas defends himself "I bet you she deaf" Dustin said and clapped in her face which she obviously flinched to "not deaf..."

"all right, that's enough she's just scared and cold" Brooke told them. She motioned to mike to get her something for her to change into so he got some of his clean clothes from his laundry basket.Brooke snatched it from him and gently gave it to the bald girl that was sitting on the couch "here these are clean.okay?"

She took the clothes and touched the fabric onto her cheek.she got up and put her hand at the bottom of her shirt ready to take it off when all the boys started to panic saying stuff like 'Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god' or ' no no no no no'

mike being the calmest out of the 3 said "see over there? That's the bathroom.privacy,get it?" She got her clothes and went there Brooke following her she was about to close the door when the bald girl stoped her "you don't want it closed?" She shook her head and said 'no'

"oh! So you can talk.um how about I go in there with you and don't look because I don't want the boys looking at through the creek of the door while you change?" The bald girl nodded and Brooke stepped inside closed the door and faced it.

Once she was done changing (they heard the whole conversation that the boys had) "hey I know the boys said some super bad things but don't worry there just worried because we have a friend that went missing and he hasn't came back" "'friend'? What is 'friend'?"

"Um a friend is someone you care and treat like family and you can trust them with some of you deepest secrets" "are you my... friend?" She asked Brooke "I mean sure we can be buddies " "'buddies?'" she asked "uh it's another word for mates and another word for mates is friend.get it?"

The bald girl just nodded acting like she got it when she only understood a portion of it. "Um alright guys I have to go because Steve is almost home so bye I'll see you tomorrow at school!" Brooke said once her and her new friend got in the room with the boys

"bye Brooke" they all said at once which they really gotta stop doing. Once Brooke got home she didn't see Steve's car which meant she was on the clear and that night she was which she was grateful for but she also couldn't sleep her mind kept going to Will and how she could've prevented it from happening and just making up scenarios of how it was her fault and that happened up to like 2:30 in the morning when she finally felt her eye lids get heavier by the second and she fell asleep.