30 - Loving You Is A Losing Game

I've spent all of the love I saved,
We were always a losing game.
Small town girl in a big arcade,
I got addicted to a losing game.
All I know
Loving you is a losing game........

Aditya's meeting with Queen Mother Earlier that Day

"Is it true, Aditya? The news that's been going around." Anandani tapped her study desk impatiently and frustrated.

"Yes, I believe so."

" And I assume you knew about it?" She cocked a brow. "Our people haven't been afflicted. Do you know what that means?"

"I'm afraid, I do."

"So Baluchistan hasn't been affected too. Any thoughts?"

"They're behind this and everything. And we might be facing a war soon."

"What!?"

"I thought I could prevent it. But its impossible. She has us surrounded on all sides." Anandani seemed to be taken aback. 

"She?"

"Yes , she. She, you told who was dead. She, who survived and plotted our downfall while I was busy expanding throughout Hindustan. You lied to me. So tell me Massi sa, how do I trust you with the information I have. Or anyone infact, when she has all my closest allies on her side." Aditya pinched the bridge of his nose.

"You mean?"

"Dev and Chitra."

"Dev also?" 

"I see you're not surprised regarding Chitra?"

"That's another thing I wanted to talk to you about. You see, I was clearing the old paperwork stock for new records and I found an article more than 20 years old, in which Acharya Ganraj had proved one of his hypothesis. Some time traveling wodoo. His subject was Chitra.  It's known that he was a crackpot but what shocked me was the fact that Chitralekha never spoke about it.  The article said the experiment remained inconclusive as she disappeared for a second and then came back. But he did wrote that her behavior had changed. She was more mature now."

"So, what if she actually time traveled?" Alarm bells started ringing in Aditya's head. What if she met Maisha in the future? Maybe that could explain them using her as a pawn, her appearance here. She's not safe. But why would Chitra go to such lengths to help Sitaara. I thought that if the war starts, they'll kill Maisha any chance they get. But even if she is useless to them, they do know that if they kill her, I'd skin them alive even if it meant losing everything and my life. That's what they wanted in the first place, create a weakness because I don't  have one. And now she's gotten herself kidnapped. How the heck did Dev and Chitra manage it? I had sent them to the training grounds with heavy security. How could I be so careless ? Of course there are fucking moles everywhere. The less Maisha knew, the lesser they'll use her to overthrow me and the more useless she is to them, the more interest they'll lose. Even if she's useless to them they'll keep her alive because they know she's everything to me. I thought I told her just enough for her to be more vigilant but instead she acted rashly. How could I not see it coming?

"Vikramaditya?" Aditya snapped from his thoughts.

"Yes.?"

"What about tonight?"

"We try to be on our guard and enjoy the gala or atleast what's left of it. I'll keep an eye on Agastya ji although I don't see a reason why he should be involved in all this."