15 - Her Real Allegiance

A/n : Call me paranoid but I feel I'm losing my readers. Is it getting boring???? Don't do that to me my lovely folks!😓😥😥

Also please don't hate me for the shit that's about to go down!!!

____________________

A few hours earlier

"How... How.. did you get that?" Maisha choked out those words as she could clearly see an impending doom setting on her destiny even though everything felt so foggy and unclear. The Indian guy laughed evilly utterly satisfied of the effect that object had on her. "I found it lying on the street. It seemed pretty strange to me. Lucky me, I have even a stranger habit of collecting such things. But then, with the help of a special someone I came to know what it can do and trust me, it took a lot of spying to figure out it was you who possessed this object and viola, I hit a jackpot!" He proudly narrated mentally applauding himself but all Maisha could hear was a special someone. Who could that be? Shit, Nicholas Maverick is also here? She cursed the situation as the guy went on, "You see I have scores to settle with that King of yours and you are gonna help me with it." He proposed rather haughtily still fidgeting with the clock.

"What do I have to do?" Her eyes fixed on the dangling clock, the only way to her home.

__________________________

They pulled apart breathless, his hands caressed her cheeks lovingly as hers had settled around his neck. It was like they were lost, time went on but it didn't matter, war lingered but it didn't matter, work awaited them but what was the point, the responsibilities as rulers, as warriors, it felt trivial. Nothing mattered. All they ever wanted was right in front of them and the feeling was mutual. "Let's go. Dev and Chitra are still searching for you," he broke the eerie silence as Maisha just nodded. He held her hand possessively as they strolled back, meeting Dev and Chitra halfway.

By the time they reached back in the palace, it was late evening. The palace was adorn with infinite diyas (small earthen lamps), flowers beds, glistening marble floors, sparkling courtyard fountains and everyone wearing fancy lehangas, sarees and sherwanis, each one better than the other. They came back from the same tunnel as Dev filled in Aditya about the meeting with Dhruv Sindhiya.

"Weren't you supposed to be there too?" Maisha turned to Aditya but Chitra beat him in answering, "He was so busy looking for you. He even insisted on blowing off the cover and sending a search party for you. I told him you might've got lost and not to worry but he just wasn't ready to listen," Chitra rolled her eyes at the lethal idea of blowing up the cover as Aditya just looked ahead not meeting anyone's eyes, clearly shy in expressing his emotions publicly.

"And I didn't know you could speak such a long sentence," Maisha teased Chitra as everyone erupted laughing taking the attention off of Aditya who felt at ease now. As they entered back into Aditya's chambers they bid each other goodbyes and went to get ready for the Coronation Anniversary Celebration as Maisha cocked an eyebrow still confused about the reason of celebration which she had until now assumed to be Dusshera celebration. "What?" Aditya asked plopping on the bed as exhaustion seemed to take over him. "What is the celebration about? How come no one told me?" She furrowed her eyebrows only to earn a light chuckle in response. "Today is the Coronation Anniversary. My Coronation Anniversary." Aditya stated as a matter of fact while Maisha just nodded, a teasing smiled appeared on her lips

"Wow, one Ravana being killed another one being coronated. What a sight!" She exclaimed melodramatically as he shot up retorting, "Hey, it's a total coincidence. My Coronation was held at the time of crisis." He huffed.

"Which you created because Little Adi couldn't wait till he was eighteen," she mimicked in a baby voice as he couldn't take it anymore. He tackled her causing her to let out a shrill squeal as she fell onto the bed causing her to yelp in pain under the blow of hard mattress. "Gosh! You need to change these," she said a bit annoyed, trying to get up only to realise that she was trapped. By him.