7 - Unexpected Encounters

A/n : Why do I feel like I'm losing my readers😨😥😥. Don't betray me lovely folks!!!!

___________________________

That evening, Maisha entered the King's chambers without permission but with a slight knock, to which on receiving no answer she just assumed a yes. The footmen had resigned to her as they feared being beaten and Aditya strangely didn't bother replacing them or minded her coming and going at her free will. Maisha tended to discuss about the security of the East Wing where all the females resided but seeing another woman in his chambers shocked her. It was more of a fact that seeing anyone in his chambers when he's not there shocked her.

It was a middle aged woman who patiently sat on the shaiya (sofa) in the living area of his chambers, presumably waiting for the young man's arrival. Though aged, her face glowed and gloated the swarm of men who had fallen for her charms back in the day.

Raveena Tondon as Queen Mother.

The sitting area was separated from the bed area by a huge carved panelling gilded with brass linings and studded with gems

Maisha stopped in her tracks as the woman studied her face with utter disgust and scrutiny

Maisha stopped in her tracks as the woman studied her face with utter disgust and scrutiny. I guess it's the mother. She thought. Maisha smiled respectfully, ignoring her judgemental looks and bowed."What are you doing here, village girl!?" The woman said in a ignominious tone make Maisha furrow her eyebrows in plain fury. "I came here to discuss something with His Majesty." She said trying to control her anger.

"Coming unannounced to your King's chambers? What would a rookie from the gutters like to discuss with him? What plans do you have? Seduce my son to bed you!?"

Her temper snapped.

"Enough! News flash, I am the Army Chief aunty ji. I can come here whenever I want unless your King objects it," she purposely said in English emphasising on 'aunty ji' making the woman stand up and stomp her feet and call for guards. Maisha had never been disrespectful to her elders but she didn't take bullshit from anyone, an elder or not. And something about this woman didn't feel right. What if she knew I married his son and then ran away on the wedding night? But that couldn't be. I had the ghoonghat (veil) on throughout the ceremony and only that Greek God saw me. Man he's hot! Maisha cringed at the speed of her thoughts and how they kept wandering back to him, his tattoo, the veins..... Shut up Maisha, not the time.