5 - Scared, Are We ?

Third Person's POV

Maisha knew that she couldn't succumb to his dominance. He can't know that she's scared. The more powerless he feels over her, the safer she is with him. Basic human psychology. She lifted her head up courageously and looked him in the eye, a stern intimidating look. She had seen all kinds of people while working in police and then as a spy but no one had emanated such a powerful aura around her. It was scary and thrilling at the same time.

He smirked, climbing the Chariot as she sighed heavily, releasing the breath she didn't know she was holding. She hesitantly climbed the chariot and rode with him while Dev accompanied them on horseback. She looked out as a small frown appeared on her forehead. "What is it?" he asked with eyes fixated on her.

"Why does he get to ride such a cool horse, is it a stallion?..... And I don't," she pouted like a little girl and looked at him seeming to forget what happened few minutes ago.

That's how she had always been. She had always been positive. She sure had seen a lot of crime and bloodshed early in her career but forgetting and moving on was her policy. She didn't know that over a span of few years, this so called virtue had made her so detached to the people around her and she had built these walls around her that protected her from being hurt.

Aditya was a little surprised at her change of attitude but it attracted him to her in weird and yet another different way. "You can have one when we return back. Choose any from the stables," he stated as a matter of fact.

"Can I ride this one when we return?" She asked hopefully and gave her cutest look. He just chuckled at her expression ,"That's for Dev to decide. It's his horse." Maisha just huffed in response and continued looking out. The palace and it's estate was huge, greenery everywhere. Which era was she in? It suddenly dawned on her that she hadn't even tried to go back home ever since she came here. She wanted to go back but she never tried. She just went on to make a living. She didn't try to find that stupid time machine, she didn't try to find the place where she landed and she hadn't searched for any clues. She just lived. It made her wonder if she was really happy in her previous life. It wasn't a particularly wonderful life, but it wasn't all that dull too.

She surely missed her parents, her dog. Who would've fed the dog!? She didn't even want to think about it. And had her parents assumed her to be dead? Her mom would be devastated. All these thoughts clouded her head as she sank further in her seat. She threw her head back and closed her eyes, pinching the bridge of her nose as the reality hit her. She was in a different world now, a world with no one to turn to. And the chariot only reminded her of that fateful evening in the caravan.

Her change in mood hadn't gone unnoticed by Aditya who sat next to her. But he decided not to comment on the situation as they silently rode to their destination. To Maisha's pleasure, the burdening journey had finally come to an end. She mentally thanked the charioteer and decided to put the depressing thoughts at the back of her mind and focus on the task at hand.

She gaped with jaws hanging at the huge conglomerate in front of her. And that dipshit called it a workshop?

"You call this a workshop?" She asked not believing her eyes.

"Does it not meet your expectations?" He said helping her out of the chariot.

"More like way superceded! Workshop is such a poor name. Look at the grandeur of this thing!" She exclaimed not being able to contain her thrill. He led her in feeling proud at his achievements. He still remembered the chaos in which he had been crowned. He was just fifteen at that time. And now even if the threat of war lingered, his people were happy in his rule. And he was proud of that.