2 - Final Offer

Third Person's POV

It was a few hours now and Maisha was still trying to figure out a way to escape. The security was so tight. She would have escaped but the chain on her left hand was giving her a lot of trouble. She had managed to take off only the right one. Besides, the soldiers were constantly pacing up and down. It was getting difficult to be sneaky.

She was lost in her thoughts, strategies, the consequences if she had presented that girl in thw court when she heard the gate open up. The guards were sent away and she looked up to find the Royal Army Chief, she assumed ( with his clothing and the cool insignia with a fancy sword hanging) standing in front of her and beside him, the devil himself.

"Your Majesty, are you-" the suspicious man was about to say something but was stopped by that guy. He motioned him to get out and so, he did.

"Why didn't you present the girl?" He asked sternly, turning towards me.

"So now you believe me?" She retorted back.

"I am your King. You dare not talk back!" Although he had shut her up he could clearly see her a defiance in her stare, the same defiance she had in the court when she mocked him, the same defiance with which she taunted him that night. There was not a doubt that it was the same girl.

Foolish fate. He thought.

She was scared, yet she put a strong, unyielding front. He wondered, why? Why not become his queen and long for his affections? Why not be coy and docile like every other woman? The thought of any woman not wanting him bugged him even if he'd never admit him. There was something so domineering about her that made her somewhat fit for.... him?

" She is a young girl of seventeen. She was due to be married in less than a month. If I presented her as even a potential victim of rape, she'd lose all the prospects of marriage and would be labeled impure. How could I let that happen? It's sickening but that's how the world here is?" She spat.

She didn't know why but he brought out the worst in her. She had no control over the fact that he could snap her like a twig and how freakishly tall and well built and scary he was yet she wanted to protest and revolt. She had never been this rebellious all her life.

She just wanted to show him that she was superior to him and he was nothing . It's just that she didn't fear him. He intimidated her but didn't scare her. Maybe it's because she didn't belong to this world. So she could let go of all her inhibitions.

"Such a big dynasty. But let me tell you, your army tactics are poor and primitive. I don't know how you've managed till now," she spat. It had hurt his ego.

"And what would a young village woman such as yourself suggest," he practically gritted his teeth. It shocked her that he hadn't recognized her.

"This woman who defeated almost all of your sepoys, would say that if you are to take prisoners to the dungeons, blindfold them. You are exposing some really weak security points of the palace." She stated the obvious fact.

"Like?" Now he has interest? She thought.

"The entry and exit of the dungeons, the height of the palace walls, all the blind spots where there are no soldiers. You can see the chambers directly. There are no barbed wires, no pointed gates..... Nothing! Your defense techniques are amateur at best. The strength of your soldiers is good but it's not channelled correctly. The swords they use are of iron, blunt and heavy. Imagine the force they have to use to inflict pain to the enemy. Pocket weapons I have are more effective. The armours are useless as they hinder flexibility. Your army is good at fighting but they lack versatility and flexibility. " she concluded my speech mentally patting herself.

"Okay, I see. You can join as our new Army Chief," he announced calmly.

"What!?"

"Since you seem to know everything about our flaws. You correct them. I'd like to see what you'd do." She could sense the challenge. It was as if he was mocking her. That son of a b***h.

"What about your current Chief?"

"None of your business."

As much as she was itching to show this bastard what she's made of, she knew she had to find her way back home. "I can't."

"That's what I expected." He smirked going out. Did he just mean that women are weak!?

"Wait,.... I will. But.... I'll go once I'm done," she hesitantly spoke up as her inner voice continuously told her to back out. This wasn't gonna turn out well for her, she knew.

"One thing you must know.... You may come in as you please but you can't leave on your own.... ever," she swore she saw Satan in his eyes. He was pure evil.

What have I gotten myself into? She clutched her head. My dumbass arrogant  head will get me killed one day!

_____________________

Aditya's POV

"Are you kidding me?" Dev screeched as I broke the news of my dear wife replacing him, as the new Army Chief.

Of course he didn't know she was the wife and if he had, he would've killed her for treachery. Even she didn't know that I knew. I could never forget that face.

"When did a woman become capable of battling let alone the fact that no one in the army is going to listen to a woman!?"

His argument did make a point.

"And... And what do you expect me to do if she's off on the battlefield!" He seethed. I didn't know he was so possessive about his position.

"For what we could know, she might be a spy from some kingdom from far west. They have been trying for forever to break into here... Besides, you saw that she spoke a foreign tongue today in the court itself," he kept on ranting.

"If I tell you she's my queen, the woman I married, the one who ran away, will you stop?" I said calmly.

He did shut up after all

____________

A/n : I know it's a short update... But I honestly forgot ... I tired my hand in cooking and failed miserably! Ugh...

Anyways... Enjoy the chapters my folks... You guys are truly amazing for giving This novel a chance