13 - Rendezvous to Romanceville

Aditya stirred, his back stiff due to the agonizing posture in the shaiya as the sun peeped through the window with a blaring intensity heating up his face and blocking his vision. He shot up rather slowly only to realise that he was late. So late that he had missed the morning practice, a session of weapon testing he had promised before the court and of course, the court too. Maisha was still sound asleep on the bed unaware of all the worries that awaited her. His worries too seemed to have disappeared on seeing her small peaceful form. He couldn't comprehend it but his steps took him to her bedside reflexively as he lightly kissed her cheek and left to freshen up.

Meanwhile, Dev couldn't wait any longer. The pressing matter had to be discussed with Aditya as soon as possible. Plus, it was Dusshera ,too. People from distant places would be flocking to devour the Capital's thronging markets, full of delights and festivities. It was the perfect time to take action against the traitors and arrange a meeting, face to face with Dhruv Sindhiya. If they were to depart, they had to do it now before anyone in the palace noticed their absence. The footman announced his arrival rather staggered and nervously as he didn't know what might be happening inside but since Dev couldn't really wait any longer he just barged in without any response from the other side. He saw a sleeping figure with the covers well above their face.

Aditya never sleeps till this late. When did he get so thin? He wondered as he threw a pillow casually at his friend to wake him up only to earn a girly mewl in response. And that bastard slept again. Dev groaned in frustration not knowing what to do and that's when Aditya appeared in front of him in a dhoti, a cloth towel in his hand, freshly out of the bath.

"What are you doing here?" He asked casually, buttoning up his sherwani that the servent had laid down. Dev was perplexed now. Who was in the bed? Aditya never allowed anyone in his chambers. "I have come to discuss about the Coronation Celebration," those were the code words in case their were any spies in the palace from the opponents. Aditya nodded dead gravely as they made their way to his study, which was separated from the bedroom part by heavy ornated panelling and a light purdah (curtain).

_______________

"You're right, we'll have to leave now if we want to end this matter before the Coronation Celebration tonight. It is our only chance to prevent the war," Aditya concurred with Dev's plan. The men nodded in coordination as the plan silently unfolded in their minds.

"Oh look, my two most favorite people in this godforsaken place," Maisha squeaked in her morning voice as she made her way to the study, still rubbing her eyes trying to focus on them as a small lazy smile danced on her lips. Dev was stupefied as he nudged Aditya in a sarcastic teasing demeanor while Aditya just wanted to hide Maisha from everyone and keep her to himself. Well, that's what he felt most of the times. She came around to his side and gently kissed his cheek unmindful of Dev or maybe she just didn't give a shit. "Good morning," she smiled as Dev coughed loudly before their display of affection got out of hand. Maisha chuckled at him mockingly. "Someone had a dry evening. Did Chitra not give you attention?" She teased as he became defensive and flustered as if a secret was spilled out. "That's ..... that's so indecorous of you to say! Why would I need attention from her? And by the way, what the heck are you even wearing!? Is that even a way for a Lady to behave? Is she wearing your kurta Your Majesty?" He prattled like someone had pressed his weak spot and someone indeed had.

Both Maisha and Aditya guffawed at the drained look of the skilled warrior as Maisha high fived Aditya. "I'm gonna go clean up," Maisha announced trying to calm herself down as the frowning fellow muttered, "No kidding, you stink," earning a death glare from the King Of Chaulakyas. "I have asked the servent to prepare you a bath here only," Aditya got up whispering in her ear making her shiver. His voice is so sexy. She thought. She wanted to tease him, to be exact she wanted to say, Someone can't wait to share their bath with me. But she bit her tongue and kept quiet. It was a huge private swimming pool to be honest. And he wasn't going to be in it with her. Oh man, he'll be the death of me. She sighed making her way to the bathhouse.