21 - Maniac

Maisha practiced for a few hours more, mostly trying to cool off the urge to strangle Aditya. It was getting dark and cold already and the chill creeping on her spine made her aware of the time. She decided to have a soothing hot water bath before heading for dinner. Absent mindedly strolling through the corridors, she bumped into someone followed by a loud clatter due to the fall of the nearby brass vase.

She apologized profusely without looking at the person while bending down to straighten the giant vase. Apparently, the other party also had same intentions and they ended up bumping foreheads. A resonant laugh and cry of pain made her look up as a low giggle escaped from her lips. "My apologies," said a deep, smooth voice while they starightened the fallen vase with the help of a few guards.

Maisha laughed still shaking her head. "I should be the one apologizing. My mind was somewhere else," she admitted sheepishly as the gentleman's eyes twinkled.

"Forgive me but I must admit, you have a great skill. I watched you practice a few minutes ago. In fact, I was coming to you only.... I wonder if you'd duel with me?" He asked hopefully as Maisha gave a thought to the proposal.

"I guess a duel won't do any harm," she accepted they walked back to the nearest pit. He drew swords and handed one to her before they set off into an entertaining match. Maisha was huffing and puffing in no time; heck she was very tired.

"I must compliment you on your endurance," he smirked sneaking in another attack that caused her head bandana to cut loose, letting her long locks open and fling in disrupting her line of vision. Before she could manage her hair he launched another attack disarming her.

Accepting her defeat, she moved forwards to shake hands but ended up subjecting the poor guy to one handed shoulder throw. Grabbing his sword in a blink of an eye she pointed it at him cockily, a proud smile etching her face.

"How about that?" She smirked helping him up and tying up her hair into somewhat of 'humanish' appearance.

"I'm a fan," he laughed keeping the swords at their rightful places in the wooden scabbards stacked near the pit. Maisha watched in awe. This guy showed respect and love to his weapons as if he worshipped them. A true soldier.

As the duo walked on the balcony, introductions were made.

" I'm Arjuna Laghari. The Crown Prince of Baluchistan. It's a bit west from here," he explained genially earning a pleasant nod in return.

"Maisha Kapoor. I am...," She was cut off in mid sentence by a familiar baritone.

"My wife, the Queen of Chaulakyas and trouble for you if I saw you near her once more," their heads shot in the direction from where the orders were being barked. Maisha narrowed her eyes as Arjuna just laughed heartily bowing to Aditya in a mock apology.

"My condolences, bhabhi sa. You had to get married to him. I wish you had found me before you came across this piece of wood." He chuckled winking at Maisha which only caused Aditya to glare at him even more.

"See you around," Arjuna dragged on deliberately trying to piss off his friend even more and kissed her hand and whisked off to his chambers.

Aditya gave a low growl of frustration while Maisha hatched a plan to keep this egoistic brat under her reign and have a nice laugh out of it, too. So much so for not caring. What a baby. She snorted walking away to her own chambers.

_________

Guests started pouring in from the next day. All the neighboring kingdoms, small or large, trade partners and any territory relevant or useful for future expansion of the Chaulakyian Dynasty was invited. Apparently, all the royalty of the known world was invited. Maisha had no idea how messages were relayed. How could so many people from far off lands reach there in a few days time?