future | 15- There are still lots of things I want to do!

Strawberry shorts cakes, blueberry cheesecake, chocolate velvet cake, all the expensive delicacies money could buy were lined in their table. Naoto's eyes were sparkling, but he tried not to greedily pounce on the cakes.

Trying to look dignified, he waited until a slice was served on his plate, before happily digging in.

Tristan had a slice for himself too, despite not being a fan of sweets. Dhalia was beside him, sipping coffee that was a bit too bitter. Dhalia, he remembered, was a big fan of sweets before, and she hated coffee. Wouldn't drink coffee if it wasn't doused with an abnormal amount of creamer.

"Do you still like this?" He gave her a slice of strawberry shortcake, to which she shook her head.

"Yeah, I liked that," She then gave a wistful smile. "But I don't really feel like eating right now."

They heard a clatter of utensils, only to see Naoto who was blinking back at them in horror.

"Nao—"

"I..." He started, before shoving a large serving in his mouth. He gulped it down but then shuddered, which was not his usual reaction to his favorite food. "Mommy.. I don't taste anything."

Dhalia sighed, while setting her cup down.

"Nao, calm down—"

"I can't. taste anything!" He repeated, but this time there was a shrill panic in his voice, and tears were brimming in his eyes.

"we already talked about this—"

"No!" He said decisively, brows furrowed. "No! Not now, not yet! We haven't been to Central Park, there are still lots of things I want to do!" He was shaking his head, tears now streaming down his cheeks.

"Naoto," Dhalia reached out to his hand, which he slapped away, lilac eyes glinting.

"No!" He bounced off his chair, before rushing past the cafe doors faster before their escort knights could react.

There are still lots of things I want to do!

He said it so desperately, and Tristan felt as if he was back at the hospital again.

He stared at Dhalia, who was staring at her pitch black coffee.

He thought this was a second chance, a way he could make it right with them. He was bitterly reminded that it wasn't a miracle. This was magic and magic has its limits.

Their time, was ticking.