past| 0 - evil woman

evil woman.

He was convinced that she is the very definition of an evil woman. A puppet to her father.

He tried to keep his distaste, his boiling hatred in bay. It would not do well.... with all the eyes pinned on them. This was supposed to be a joyous occasion. A wonderful wedding. The unification of two otherwise opposing forces. It was supposed to be a time to bury their spears and swords but he knew that King Auguste di Carita was just bidding his time.

By having Dhalia di Carita shackle him in matrimony.

King Auguste had been slowly diminishing the opposing powers surrounding him. He would have crushed the Allarie first, if only the ruthless hitman Caelus didn't do it first. The current Duke Clement Allarie was still wet behind the ears, and without the riel that was equivalent to the claws and fangs of the reputable family, Duke Clement was no threat.

But Duke Tristan Arseni was.

And it was no secret that both Duke Arseni and Duke Allarie were both backing Marco di Carita as the next successor.

Dhalia gave him a small smile as the priest declared them married. He could already see doom in her lovely lilac eyes.

He shouldn't be fooled by that front she was showing him. Dhalia was a viper, bred from the same rust of iron and blood of Auguste's line. He feared that for the next years he would be married to her, he had to watch his back and keep an eye open before she sinks her fangs on him.

This woman, and her father, were the ones who shattered his dreams of a happily married life.

In sickness and in health....

Till death, do us part.