past|19- to your dying day

They always promised to meet by the lake. And he was late. His caretaker had been nagging him again. Tristan ran past the forest, zooming past the shade and the bright sunlight, the leaves crunching beneath his feet.

He could still remember how giddy he was feeling then, to be meeting Ivy after so long.

Only it wasn't Ivy anymore. But her battered body that was left for him to see. Her mouth had been hanging in an ethereal scream. She was screaming when she died.

It was a warning.

..........
He swore, he would kill King Auguste whatever the means. And Dhalia Di Carita after.

Even if it means he'll have to marry her first.

"Dhalia Di Carita, would you follow Tristan Arseni, to your dying day?"

"I would." She swore.

.....

Dhalia di Carita had never expected much of her wedding. Or weddings and married life in general.

She heard that they had to physically drag her mother down the aisle in an effort to have her marry King Auguste. She was fitfully bawling throughout the entire procession. Then their married life wasn't any better. They had always argued like cats and dogs. Dhalia wondered why talk to each other when they never seemed to understand each other, as if they were talking in two different languages.

Those nights she covered her ears with her pillows and closed her eyes.

That was how it should be for royalty. The duty of a royal.

But she hopes that maybe she could at least be civil with Tristan Arseni.

His coal orbs were staring at her, as if drilling a hole through her forehead. Dhalia tried to smile as she said "I would", promising to follow him to his dying day.