present|5 - you paid a heavy price

"I never knew I'd encounter you here, Alceste." He remarked coldly, at the supposed heir of the Allarie name.

Alceste glared with his demonic incarnadine eyes. It was wholly unsettling to have those blood orbs pinned to you. The bloodlust radiating off of him in waves also didn't help.

He was, surprisingly, shielding someone behind him. A woman with burgundy hair and aquamarine eyes, the features of Rinada's royalty.

Dhalia's mother was a princess of Rinada's royalty. For a brief second, he was reminded of her.

Oh.

"Then perhaps, I should look the other way?" He offered conversationally. "For old times sake, neh Alceste?"

"Why are you guarding the gates of the dead Tristan?"

"..... repentance, if you will."

"Was if worth it to have Marco di Carita sit on the throne?" Alceste asked, with eyes narrowed in distaste. "You paid a heavy price for that."

Dhalia and Naoto.

Ivy.

"Every action has a price," He pointed his gaze on the woman he was hiding behind him. "And even you would pay the price for that Alceste."

"I am already paying for it."

__________________________________
A/N:

Alceste is supposed to be Duke of Allarie, Clement's older brother. However due to unforeseen circumstances, he wasn't. He'll appear in another book though ( if I ever publish it) . In this book, Alceste is an old friend of Tristan, and Naoto's previous tutor.