CHAPTER 18: OVER THE HILL

FRIDAY WAS A welcome day as the weekend had finally arrived. Linda and I had been chatting about the upcoming test in history class when we found Barbara and Susan rushing towards us. "Hey guys!"

"Hey what's up?"

"We've been looking for you two all day!" Barbara complained.

"Sorry," I said and Linda and I exchanged a look.

"Oh never mind it!" Suzi waved it off, her excitement getting to her, "There's a party in the Hills tonight. Everyone is invited. You guys wanna go?"

Linda and I looked at each other before turning back to them, "We sort of already made some plans."

"We're gonna go the arcade." Linda told them.

"Can't you do that another time? It's a party! In the Hills!"

I shrugged, "Next time we'll go. Linda and I wanna do go karts."

Suzi shook her head like we were crazy for not wanting to go but she didn't push it anymore. "Fine, suit yourselves. You'll know where to find us if you want."

"For sure," I said and watched them walk off to their last class.

"Thanks," Linda said relieved. "I hate parties."

"I know, so do I." We wouldn't mention to the others that we had made up that little fib to get out of going to the party.

"So I guess that means we have to stick to our lie huh?"

I looked at Linda, "It sure does. We'll be off to the arcade after I'm done at the Dojo."

"Maybe I could come and watch?" Linda asked.

I looked at her surprised, "Yeah. You can come." I was shocked that Linda was interested in karate all of a sudden. "What makes you want to come?"

Linda shrugged nonchalantly, "Just because."

Not pressing the matter any further, Linda and I went our separate ways to our last classes of the day.

My father was tough on the class today. He had us doing drill after drill to help build up our strength. I saw Linda in the back, watching us but most likely realizing that she should probably not join. Although it would be nice to have another girl in the Dojo.

At the end of class I told my father about my plans with Linda and that I'd be back pretty late. He didn't seem to mind since I had been doing well under his supervision in class and the extra time I had been putting in too for the tournament. It seemed like that was what he was the most focused on at the moment.

At Golf n' Stuff, Linda and I had a blast. We played in the arcade for a good hour before hitting some of the rides like water bumper cars and go karts. At one point I thought I saw Ali and Daniel too but they looked as if they were on a date and we didn't want to disturb them.

My hair had gotten a little wet from the bumper car ride and I was wringing it out a bit when I heard someone honking at us. I looked over to see Johnny's red convertible pull up. Dutch was in the front passenger seat and Tommy was in the back with Barbara and Suzi. I wondered why they were here and not at the party they had seemed so excited about. Especially why they were in the same car as the Cobra Kais.

"Hey (Y/N)! Linda!" The girls waved to us frantically like they thought we wouldn't see them.

"We've come to abduct you!" Tommy howled.