𝟸𝟸. 𝚂𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐

"You honestly don't have to. I can go by myself" I reassured him for the millionth time.

Turns out when he called me into his office, he just wanted to apologize again for scaring me. Even though I've forgiven him for it, I won't let him know that.

He heard about the clothes issue and decided it would be best to take me shopping to make it up to me. I've made it clear that I know he's busy and don't mind but he's not taking no for an answer.

"Look I did something wrong, and I was a huge dick the next day. I'm making this up to you whether you like it or not" his voice firm and serious

Why does he even care? Just a couple of months ago he was threatening to kill me every five seconds.

"Fine Whatever now leave me alone" Finally giving in to his pestering. I don't know why I find myself being mean.

Every time he does something nice or is just different, this feeling keeps growing in me and everything feels confusing. I really need to get a hold on whatever this is because it can't be good.

He walks out of the room, closing the door behind him. I'm definitely excited to finally be getting more clothes, I'm tired of looking so plain. Every day it is a different combination of leggings and shirts.

Unplugging my phone and grabbing it from the bedside table. I open the top drawer grabbing my wallet.

It's been a while since I've gone shopping. I check myself in the mirror just to see if everything looks good.

Once I get downstairs Dante and Ace are in the living room laughing at something. They sat across from each other relaxed.

Ace had his keys next to him and was wearing the same old black dress pants and white button-up. God, how does he manage to look that fucking hot? I need serious help.

But Maybe he needs this trip more than me. Always wearing the same damn thing all the time. I let a small fake cough and they both look in my direction, waving at both of them and dancing just smiles.

"Ready to go?" Ace says standing up. I nod in response.

I gave Dante a quick hug before walking back to the door where Ace was waiting. "Be careful, have fun you two" he yells just before Ace closes the door.

The sun was out today and the heat was extreme. It instantly hits and starts making me hot, "Which car?"

"Any is fine"

We go over to the black Mercedes Benz from the looks of it. It's an s-class 2021. I had been eying this car before all of this happened.

"Is this s-class?" I ask as we get closer.

He looks back to answer "yeah it is" We get to the car and he unlocks the car with the key opening the door for me.

I smile as I step into the car, the interior was nothing short of perfection. The chairs are a nice cream color and there's not even a speck of dirt in the car.

Ace walks around the car getting in on the other side and starting it up, the car comes to life lighting and all the screen turns on. The main control panel has settings for the lights and everything else.

He looks at me pointing to the seat belt, we both put our seat belts on hearing the clicking that signals it's secure.

He puts one arm on the wheel, his veins visible all around his arms. I find myself just staring at him.

We pull out the driveway, the gates closing behind us, the cars pretty silent and I end up playing with the light in the car caching the colors. He didn't seem to mind since he didn't say anything.