𝟹𝟹. 𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝙱𝚎 𝚈𝚘𝚞

His hands lay on top of my shoulder pulling my body into his, the side of my face resting on his chest as my legs curl on the couch.

I keep my hands wrapped around his torso taking in his warm scent. We've been in this same position for the last twenty minutes, not saying a word but just appreciating each other's presence.

Luckily for me when I came in here Ace had just wrapped up all his work.

That alone is a rare occurrence since it's still early in the day, so we decided why not make the best of it.

My phone goes off causing us to both look down at the bright screen phone on the coffee table. I reach out to grab it making sure to still stay in Ace's arms.

It was just a couple text notifications from Enzo, I unlock the phone reading the latest messages he sent.

Going out with Anthony, call if you need anything.
We both miss you. Yes, Anthony too.
Love you

I small sigh escapes my lips as I respond back telling them to have fun and that I love them too. With that, I put the phone on the couch a few inches from where my legs

"You miss your family?" Ace asks looking down at me.

"I miss certain people in my family"

He quiet for a bit, the room going silent again. I stare at the bookshelves, my glasses allowing me to read a few of the titles despite the distance.

A few minutes passed until Ace pulled me in closer removing any distance between us, he took a deep breath probably looking for the right word before speaking up.

"Tell me about them" he finally says, avoiding eye contact.

In the time that me and Ace started whatever this is we've talked a lot. It's one of my favorite things about us.

Whether it'd be him sneaking into my room at night or me coming into his office, we always just talked. Never run out of things to say, I guess that's just how we've learned so much about each other.

But there are topics we just never gravitated towards; Family, work, missions, certain people, even parts of our past.

I know little to nothing about Ace's family, but from what I was told things weren't the best for him.

If he ever wanted to tell me of course I would listen and no matter what his story was it wouldn't change anything. With my family, there's too much to unpack.

"There's nothing much to say" I just shrug it off, but we both know he isn't accepting that answer.

"Look you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but I'm always here to listen" he gently rubs my shoulder.

Trying to keep my guard up with him will honestly not last much longer. I can't help but feel safe in his presence and there hasn't been anything to prove otherwise.

"I love my family so much, some more than others but..." I take a small break trying to process my thoughts "but I would be lying if I said they haven't caused me much pain"

He rubs my shoulder again letting me know that he was actively listening, the thought of everything washing over me causes everything to drop.

"You know I used to try and make my dad proud, everything I would do was to make him happy. But that dies out when you realize how you're being used" the words just spill out.

"I'm the only daughter of 3 older brothers. I'm sure you've done your research" I joke trying to lighten the mood a bit.

A light laugh escapes his lips allowing me to feel the small vibrations against his chest. Once we both die down a bit I just look down trying to find a way to continue.