Chapter 13: Make Your Move

Nishinoya' POV:

        I sat awkwardly in a chair at Asahi's table next to the kitchen while he looked for a snack for us to share.
I was still flustered about just being at Asahi's house, more so because of the events before. He gave me a flower! I mean, maybe it was just in a friendly way and I'm blowing this way out of proportion, but either way it made me so happy. I couldn't help the sudden tickly feeling of butterflies in my stomach when he handed it to me, and they weren't going to stop anytime soon now.
        Asahi walked back in with a large, bright red bag of corn chips in hand.
       "Let's go up to my room. Do you have any homework?" He gestured towards the stairs, and I began following him up with my backpack in hand.
        "Only some math, but I can do it later."
        "Well, if you want to do it now..." Asahi hesitated, "I'll be happy to help you with it."
       I felt a sudden rush of happiness through me, and my cheeks go slightly warm. Bad Nishinoya, bad! You cant get flustered because of this. It's not like it's a date or something, he's just trying to be nice. Besides, you know he doesn'y like you. I scolded myself. I might as well get used to having a normal friendly relationship with him without acknowledging the.. romantic feelings I feel.
       "Sure. It's not that difficult- or, at least I don't think it is. It's just a new formula or whatever so I don't know yet," I rambled as we entered Asahi's bedroom. It was much cleaner than the last time I was over at his house, since this time he wasn't sick. The floors were spotless, and his desk was organized- much different than my desk back at my house. I didnt know how he bothered to keep anything this pristine.
       "Alright. You go sit at the desk, I'll grab a stool from downstairs," he pulled out the wheelie chair I sat beside him on just a few days ago.
       "Ok. Wait, why didn't you bring it up bedore we came up here?"
He shrugged and smiled, heading out the door. "I forgot."
        Haha, cute... I thought to myself, sitting myself down in the chair. I let the thought stay in my mind, since I figured that it was a platonic thought. A compliment and nothing more.
       I pulled out my math textbook and my notebook, but I couldnt find a pencil. Then I remembered: my pencil case was at home. I had to borrow a pencil from Tanaka all day, but I already gave it back.
       There was a cup full of pencils on the top right corner of the desk, so I took one. Asahi won't mind. I opened my textbook and notebook to the correct pages, and quickly looked over the instructions and notes. I sighed. I don't even know why I need to know this stuff. I opened the bag of corn chips, taking a handful of them out and shoving them in my mouth.
Instead of starting, I began looking around Asahi's room. There wasnt much furniture- just a bed that was left of the desk, and a dresser that was on the same wall as the door. A bookshelf that was about as tall as me sat on the far wall opposite of the bed as well, filled from top to bottom with books. A window sat in front of me above the desk.
       I heard footsteps coming up the stairs, and I quickly turned back around and pretended like I was working (not like it'd be believable anyways, but it was worth a shot).
He suddenly grabbed the back of the chair and pushed it slightly to the left. I grabbed the arms fo the chair and tensed up.
        "Sorry- I need room to sit beside you," he pulled up a stool and sat down beside me, his leg brushing up against mine. I almost- almost- flinched away, but I kept still, trying to act like I didnt notice. He didn't move his leg away as I started reading (or, pretending to read) the questions to myself, so I tried to relax and accept it. I mean, maybe he really didn't realize his leg was leaning against mine. Maybe he just didn't know.
        Come on, Nishinoya, don't think about it too much and do your homework! I snapped out of thought and began re-reading the notes that I wrote in class. It was difficult, as my heart rate was still faster than usual, but I carried on anyways.
        After a few minutes of trial and error, hoping I'm doing it correctly, I got completely stuck on one question.
       "Hey, need any help?" Asahi learned in slightly towards my paper to look at the question. I could feel his breath on the top of my head- I got dizzy with excitement. He was so close...
---------------------------------------------------------
Asahi's POV: