Chapter 14: Finale

TW: Lots of homophobia; violence

Asahi's POV:

        I froze, staring at my mother's gawking eyes with my mouth gaping open. A million thoughts passed in my mind. What is she doing home so early? Why did I leave the door open? Did she see me about to kiss Nishinoya?
        Only one of the questions could be answered in that matter; answered by a bombardment of yelling by my mother.
        "Asahi Azumane! You said he was just a friend! But you're kissing him? A BOY?" she screamed.
       "Mom, please I can explain-"
       "Save it. No son of mine will be going around like a fucking gay, kissing boys!" She stomped over and grabbed Nishinoya by his upper arm, clutching him tightly.
        "You!" She growled, heaving him suddenly onto his feet. She began to cuss him out.
       "You did this to him, didn't you?! You little bitch! I knew it! I should have fucking known you and your volleyball friends would poison my son's mind!" She shouted, now dragging Nishinoya out of the room. I leaped off my feet just as Nishinoya yelped in pain and pried her fingers off of him.
        "Stop, don't hurt him!" I yelled, just missing as my mother grabbed the back of Nishinoya's shirt and tugged him out of the room. No, no!
I ran out of the room after her- they were right beside the staircase. She let him go, pushing him to the side so he was right in front of it.
        "Get out of my house!" She screamed as he had begun sprinting down the stairs. My mom followed him down, giving him a push at the end. Fuck, don't hurt him! I hoped as I followed them down. Every bad thing that could have happened right then did.
        Nishinoya threw open the door, and my mom pushed him out, slamming it behind him. The sound echoed throughout the house, leaving me standing in silence for only a second at the bottom of the stairs before Mom turned around and faced me. Her face was bright red, and her eyebrows were narrowed farther than I had ever seen before.
In less than a second she ran up to me, pushing me backwards so I landed onto the stairs. The edge of the stair pierced my back, and my head hit the step above it. I couldn't focus on anything- she was screaming something about me being a horrible son, but I couldn't pay attention with my head throbbing.
        Shit... is Nishinoya alright? I put a hand on the back of my head and looked up at my mom.
        She had something, a vase maybe, in her pulled back arm. I braced for impact.
---------------------------------------------------------
Nishinoya's POV:

        I stumbled out the door with it slamming behind me, followed by the sounds if thumps and the shattering of glass coming from inside. I felt myself panic, and I began to run not looking back at the house.
        By the time I was around three blocks away, I slowed down and pulled out my phone, quickly dialing Tanaka's number. Asahi's mom's going to kill him! She's going to kill him! I couldn't stop thinking. I chewed my fingernails until Tanaka finally picked up.
       "Hey, Nishinoya! How's your little date?"
       I almost couldn't get the words out, and I realized my hands and legs were shaking vigorously with panic.
      "We- we need help! Asahi's mom caught us and- and sh-she's going to kill him! You need to get over here, he's gonna die!" I tripped over my words trying to spit them out.
       "Wait what? What happened, are you ok?" Tanaka asked, and I thought I could hear Suga and Daichi in the background. I didn't have time to think of that.
        "No! Asahi's mom saw-saw me and Asahi together, and she flipped! You need to come here, she's going to hurt him!" I yelled. There was mumbling on the other end of the line, then suddenly Daichi's voice was on the other end.
        "Nishinoya, we're on our way over. Sit tight, and if Asahi's in real danger, call the police. Ok? See you in ten minutes," he explained, then hung up.
        Slowly, I lowered my phone from my ear; I felt the horrified tears in my eyes threaten to come out, but I forced them not to. No. Call the police is what Daichi said. I turned around to where I ran from, and quickly started jogging back.