Chapter 3: Take Care Of Me

Asahi's POV (dont worry, there will be a lot more Nishinoya)

I was flat on my back on the wet concrete, stunned; I was just letting the water soak into my clothes.
Wh...what? I thought, looking up at the grey cloudy sky; raindrops fell onto my face, dripping down the sides of my head as I simply lay there.
I felt people grabbing both of my arms, trying to heave me up, so I complied and helped them help me get onto my feet. Daichi and Sugawara starting worrying about me.
"You're soaked! Hurry, hurry, Asahi we have to get to my house before you get too cold!" Sugawara grabbed my hand, causing me to yelp from the pain. Sugawara quickly retracted his hand, looking at it with a scared expression.
The palm of his hand was covered in dripping crimson red blood. At first I was concerned; how did his hand get all bloody?
Then I realized it wasn't his hand that was bleeding. I looked down at my right hand, all scraped up and bleeding; drops of rain splatted against my wound, making it sting.
"You must have tried to brace your fall, Asahi. When we get to Suga's house we'll clean it up and bandage it, ok? C'mon," Daichi told me.
"Ok," I replied.
The wind started to whip against us, making my body, which was already suffering due to the freezing water, even colder. I started to shiver as we remained at a slight jog, wishing that we could hurry up and get inside.
I looked to my left at Sugawara, who was now closest to the street after convincing himself that he couldn't let me get even more wet. His hands were clasped together, being held up to his neck, and his cheeks were a faded cherry colour from the cold.
I looked to my right at Daichi; he had a serious expression on his face, his eyebrows narrowed and he was slightly frowning. He was grasping my wrist and sort of pulling me along with him.
I kept my right hand flat, careful not to bend it too much and let blood out. It was kind of hard, considering how much it was shaking from the cold air.
I clenched my teeth. There were only two more residences before we reached Suga's, but it felt like hours before we finally arrived at the medium-sized black fence. Daichi remained holding onto my wrist as we made our way towards the doors.
"Once we get in, Asahi take off your coat and socks. We'll head to my bedroom and you can change your clothes to something... dryer," Sugawara commanded as we jogged up the pathway towards the front door.
          "Okay," I had nothing to protest against, so I did as I was told as he opened the door, Daichi and him basically dragging me inside.
         I felt as a warm wave of heat wrap itself around my body, making my skin have a sort of tingly feeling. Suga made haste to slide the door closed, relieving us from the chilly storm outside, then quickly turned towards me, rushing me to remove my dripping coat.
         Peeling my coat from my skin and taking my arms out of the sticky wet sleeves, I handed it to Sugawara. Then, I slipped my drenched shoes off of my feet and quickly pulled off my socks.
At this point, Daichi had already let go of me, so his job was holding our leftover food from the Ramen Shop until we could finish eating it.
"Asahi, go to my room and change. Come out when you finish, too, so that we don't end up walk in on you in your underwear," Sugawara pointed down the hallway to where his bedroom was located, pushing me at the same time. Nodding, and still shivering, I grabbed my overnight bag and rushed to Sugawara's room.
Why today? Of all days.. first I have a mental breakdown, next I get soaked by the rain and scrape my hand. What's next, hm? I thought as I stepped into the bedroom and slid the door shut behind myself.
I tugged on the zipper, revealing the contents of my overnight bag. On the top sat a travel toothbrush, a hairbrush, and a mini tube of Minty Fresh™ toothpaste. Below it was a nicely folded, baggy sweater. I smiled at the thought of my mom making sure I had everything I needed for a nice sleepover, then proceeded to dig through the bag to find the clothes she had neatly packed for me. But as I lifted the sweater out of the bag, I realized that the sweater had taken up the entire bag, and the rest was empty.
        As if something would appear, I stared into the barren bag. How could she forget to pack clothes?! What did she think I was doing? She knew I was sleeping over! Frantic thoughts sped about my head as I just sat there on the floor.
        My wet clothes were making me cold, uncomfortable, and unhappy, but I had nothing to change into. I looked down at my sweater. I probably could just where that and my volleyball shorts, I started thinking of a solution.
      However, I was reminded that I had  left my school bag at my own house before we headed to the Ramen Shop, so I didn't actually have my volleyball shorts either. I sighed.
        I walked over to the door and slid it open to go tell Sugawara and Daichi that I had no clothes, but Suga was already there, waiting on the opposite wall in front of the door.
        "Oh— Suga. I was just going to tell you someth—"I started.
         "Why are you still in those wet clothes?!? You're going to get sick! Get back in there and change, Asahi!" Suga yelled, shoving me back into his bedroom, unaware of my predicament.
        "I have none," I said, trying to regain my balance from Suga's push. He stared at me.
         "None... no clothes?" He asked, tilting his head to the left with a perplexed expression. "Well, here.  You can borrow some of mine."
        Sugawara slid past me, making me step back into the the wall of the door, then ran to his dresser and started going through his drawers. "I have some slightly oversized sweatpants that would fit you perfectly, Asahi," he reached into the drawer and pulled out a large pair of black sweatpants, lowly tossing them to me.
       "Do you need a shirt? A t-shirt maybe?" He interrogated, turning back and looking up at me.
        "Uhh, no thanks. I have a sweater I can wear," I replied.
         "Ok, great! Now get changed," Suga hopped up, then ran out of the room, shutting the door behind him.