Chapter 16 - Blyke

Wellston - 14.03.20XX

"John, can we talk a little bit?" Blyke asked

John was surprised to see Blyke in front of his house in the evening.

"What do you want to talk for?" John asked

"It's important. But we can't talk here, can't we go elsewhere?" Blyke said

John couldn't understand Blyke's demeanor, but he was just calling to speak, so it wouldn't be a problem, would it?

"Okay, but wait, I'll change my clothes." John said

John was wearing a suit, to meet Cecile's family

"It's okay, it's a bit of an urgent issue so we'd better go right away." Blyke said

John was now thoroughly suspicious of Blyke's demeanor.

"Okay, lead the way then." John said

Then the two went to the park where John and Seraphina had previously trained. Blyke was walking ahead, John was following Blyke behind him.

After walking for a long time and reaching the middle of the park, Blyke stopped suddenly.

John couldn't understand what happened so Blyke asked what happened.

"What happened, why did you stop?" John asked

Blyke neither answered nor turned his face to John

John was slightly angry

"Hey I'm telling you! What happened?" John asked angrily and slowly approached Blyke's back

When he realized that John was coming close behind his back, Blyke suddenly turned around and punched John.

It was going to be a pretty hard punch when John fell to the ground.

After John fell to the ground, Blyke pressed his knees to John's stomach and started punching him.

After 2-3 punches, John threw Blyke over him using his legs and slowly got his foot up.

"WHAT THE FCK IS YOUR PROBLEM?!" John asked angrily

Blyke didn't say a word again

Meanwhile, John noticed something that Blyke wasn't using his ability.

'Why isn't he using his ability? Does he want this to be an equal fight?" John asked himself

John could easily crush Blyke with the talent he just got from Hyson. But if Blyke wanted it to be an equal fight, then so be it

With John in thought, Blyke made his second move and tried to punch John again.

But this time John swung Blyke's fist with the back of his hand, and this time John punched Blyke.

Shaken by the fist he ate, Blyke collapsed on one knee.

While Blyke tried to stand on one knee, John tried to kick him in the face, but Blyke avoided by somersaulting back.

Now they were both standing and facing each other.

'I have to appreciate that he's just as good at close combat as I am. But he has no close combat experience.' John thought

As the two glanced, Blyke leaped forward and tried to kick John's stomach.

But John kept Blyke's kick and kept Blyke balanced with one foot. Then John tripped Blyke's other leg, causing Blyke to fall to the back.

After Blyke fell to the ground, he immediately tried to stand up, but this time John pressed his stomach with his knees. Unable to get up, Blyke tried to punch John with one of his free hands, but John grabbed his wrist and pressed it to the ground.