Chapter 22 - UnOrdinary

Wellston - 17.03.20XX

After that "prank" in safe house, the students scattered around their rooms. Luckily, there was no name on the list that day again. The school situation had improved faster than John had anticipated. Now it was time for other troubles that needed to be fixed.

John was lying in his room and thinking, looking at the ceiling. 'How can I save the Sera? How can I stop the Spectre?' Some things that John was thinking about

But what really bothered him was Remi's situation. Remi's situation reminded John of his old days. You know when he gets home after three months at the readjustment facility.

Remi's situation was no different. There is no doubt that Remi was depressed. But unlike John's, the only person who knew of Remi's condition was John. Others attributed Remi's mood to Blyke's expulsion from school. But it was much more than that. In short, Remi is alone.

At that time, the person who helped John was his father. More precisely, what helped him was UnOrdinary. Thanks to that book, John was able to get up from his bed after a period of depressions and be thrown back into life.

John wanted to help Remi deeply. But he didn't know how to do this. If the situation goes like this, Remi's mood will reach a point of no return, even... he didn't even want to think about this possibility.

Then he thought of his recovery medicine, UnOrdinary. He brought a copy of UnOrdinary with him on his way back from New Bostin. Thinking that it would not be a problem as the authority knew about this, he took the book with him and set out to Remi's room.

John hesitated when he arrived at the door of Remi's room. 'Should I do this?' he asked himself. 'Ahh fuck it' then he answered himself and knocked on the door. He knocked again after there was no reply for a while. This situation continued 3-5 times more. John was determined. If he didn't make a move tonight, it would be too late for everything.

Finally, an answer came from the other side. "Who is it?" Remi asked to find out who was on the other side of the door. "It's me, John. We need to talk a little bit, Remi." Then Remi opened the door and encountered John holding a book.

From John's point of view, Remi was not well off. 'She's got bags under her eye, so she's having trouble sleeping.' John came to this conclusion. Then Remi invited John inside and the two started talking.

"What do you want to talk about?" Remi asked in a dull voice. It was as if a soulless body was talking.

"Remi, I can understand how you feel because of what you have been through lately. I went through these times too." John said

Remi got a little angry after hearing this

"How can you understand me? John, I learned that all the truths I believe are lies. My brother did not try to contact us in any way, my mother was about to lose her mental health from sadness, she was put in a mental hospital and I have not heard from her for 2 months. you say you work together with them. " Remi shouted

John hadn't guessed it was this bad

"Remi, I am very sorry. I will make up for all of these. But I must say that I do not work with those responsible for them. I fight against those responsible. I know EMBER, more precisely, the authority has never been on the good side. But now we can do something Remi. If we work for EMBER, first, we can prevent other people from suffering, then we can change authority from within." John said

"So you came here to invite me to work for EMBER? John, I can't believe you." Remi yelled at John in anger.

"Remi, I understand right now you can't think properly because you're angry and sad. But before I give your answer, there is something I want from you." Then John handed the book he was holding to Remi

"What is that?" Remi asked. "UnOrdinary has helped me a lot in my difficult times in the past. I brought it for you to read because I think it might help you too." John said

When Remi picked up the book, she realized that this book was the biggest inspiration for her brother to become a superhero.

"John, this book isn't forbidden. How can you have that?" Remi asked

"The author of this book is my father. As I said before, he wrote it to help me in my difficult times. And don't worry about it being banned, they know I have the book." John replied

As Remi looked at the book in her hand, John continued his words.

"One more thing, I don't expect an answer from you for now. My uncle wants to talk to you. He will be in Wellston in 2 days. Then you make your final decision. I'm going for now. See you later." He said, and left Remi's room and headed to his own room.

After John left the room, Remi lay down on her bed and opened the UnOrdinary in her hand, and began to read.

Chapter 22 End

Forget about the weekly episode thing I said before. My goal is to finish this book by early July at the latest. And after finishing this book I think there are some ideas about Jeraphina that I owe you.

I hope you enjoy it

Until next time, cya