Cake date

It was Saturday at last. I had showered and cleaned the kitchen, getting out butter and other things needed for frosting. They had to soften a bit, so might as well get them out. I wasn't dressed in anything fancy. A tee shirt with cats, and some jeans. Nothing uncomfortable, but nothing to casual. A knock at my door alerted me and I went to open it quickly. "Y/n-chan!" He smiled, and pulled me in for a hug. He let go of me, and I let him in. 

"I can tell you're exited." I said, walking with him to the kitchen. I had pretty much everything ready to go. A couple of boxes of cake mix, eggs, milk, and butter out and ready. He nodded as I washed my hands, then stepped aside so he could do the same. 

"All ready!" He said cheerfully. The two of us were by the counter, and I grabbed a box of the mix. 

"Do you wanna make just one?" He nodded and I grabbed a bowl and whisk. He had already opened the box, and as soon as I got the bowl on the counter, he poured in the cake mix, causing a flour cloud to rise in both our faces. I chuckled and wiped residue from my face and saw honey there blinking with tears in his eyes. "Did you get flour in your eyes?" I said with a small chuckle.

"Maybe... Yes... This stings." 

"Do you want me to grab some eyedrops for you?"

"I think I've got it." He said, his eyes stopping with the tears. I wiped the mix that got on hiss face off, and gave him a kiss. I cracked in some eggs, and had him add the milk. I told him to use the same amount it said for water. "But what about the water?"

"Its what is going in in place of the water." I explained. "Mom would always make cakes like that. It actually tastes better like that." He looked at me skeptically. "What, don't believe me?" 

"Not really." I grabbed another bowl, and got the vegetable oil from the cabinet. Pouring the other mix in that bowl, I asked him to get the same amount of water. "What about the one with the milk?"

"We're gonna do both. You'll see the difference, trust me." He nodded and grabbed the water for the mix. I grabbed another whisk, and once everything was in, we mixed them. he decided to be a bit cheeky though, and used his finger to flick some at me. I smeared a little on his cheek, and soon we were having a batter play fight, giggling and laughing until a few kisses stopped the fight. 

"We should clean our faces."

"Definitely." We grabbed a couple rags, and washing off, flicking bits of water at each other in a playful manner. He grabbed one of the boxes and set the oven, while I got out some cake pans. four nine inches should do. Greasing the pans, I felt familiar arms around my waist, and a head on my shoulder. I leaned my head on his as I finished up. I kissed the top of his head, and he looked up, kissing my cheek. 

"I love you y/n-chan." I froze, my face going redder than a strawberry. He chuckled, as I snapped out of it and turned around. I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him a bit closer to me, and kissing him for a little longer than we usually did. I broke away, my face still red. 

"I love you too Mistukuni." I wasn't sure if he was okay with me using his first name. I've only used it once before when I was waking him up. He's not a morning person, at all, and I can't say I blame him. Mornings suck. He smiled, his usual bright smile.

"Can you call me that more?" He asked me. I look up and smile nodding. 

"Of course." We stood there for a bit in each others arms, before getting the cakes ready to go in the oven. I placed mine on the left, his on the right, and set a timer.

"What now?" He asked.

"Well we can always turn on an episode of a show." 

"Yeah, that seems good!" We went to the couch, him deciding to lay on top of me, as I chose the first episode of f/s. We cuddled while watching it, and he let me up as the timer went off, and I paused the show. 

"Come on! We've go to get the cakes out and start the icing." I said, and he got up from the couch, following me into the kitchen. We grabbed some hot mitts  and opened the oven.

"They look so good!" I hum in response, and take the ones on the left out, while he does the ones on the right. We set them on the counter to cool as I start the frosting, Mistukuni watched as I worked, and powdered sugar clouds went up in the air. We both laughed again, as it all mixed together. We waited for the cakes to cool before taking them out and icing them, and decorating. I put F/fruit on mine with some powdered sugar lightly sprinkled on top, while Mistukuni placed strawberries all over his. 

"Okay! Lets eat them!" I said grabbing a knife and we cut into the cakes. I Grab a couple plates, while honey looks for the forks. When he found them, I had the cakes on plates, and we started eating the cakes together, as I turned on some lo-fi music. We fed each other some bits, and he agreed that the butter and milk tasted better, but still ate it since it still tasted good. We ended up eating pretty much all of the cake, (He ate most of it though) And decided to resume the show and cuddled again, him laying on top of me.

After the movie, and a few more kisses, he had to go home. It was nice to spend time with him though. We should do that again soon. But in the mean time, I have dishes to wash.