Birthday shopping

This chapter will be mostly honey's pov.

I sort of didn't want to get up, but we're going to a commoners expo, and I'm hoping while I'm there to find y/n-chan a birthday present! But kyo-chan is scary when he wakes up in the morning. But takashi said I don't have room to talk, and I don't know. I don't like getting up either, but I'll still get up. 

We arrived at the expo, and there was so much cool stuff there! I'm hoping I can find something y/n-chan will like. Well, other than sweets. We decided to hit the pet shop first! I was looking forward to some ice cream though. 

Tama-chan was really exited about the pet shop, and was playing with all the cute puppies. Of course, I joined him for a while before I saw one that caught my eye. A small ball of fluff with a mostly white face and tan paws, tan and grey surrounding it's bright blue eyes, and a black nose with a small tinge of pink of the left side. It laid there, unsure if it should follow and play with the other puppies. 

It's perfect. 

I got up, and went over to the shy puppy slowly, and reached my hand out. It sniffed a little and inched closer as I pet it. Eventually I picked it up and hugged it close to me, her soft fur tickling the side of my neck. 

"She's perfect." I said to myself. 

"Who's perfect?" Hika-chan asked, coming behind me. "The puppy?" I nodded.

"She's going to be the perfect gift for y/n-chan."

"Why are you giving a gift to him? I mean there's nothing wrong if you just feel like it, but is there a certain reason?" I nod. 

"His birthday is in a few days. I wanted to get him something special." Hika-chan reached out to pet the puppy, who whimpered and tried to squirm away. I held her tightly. 

"What's with her?"

"She's shy. She was fine with me after she sniffed my hand though." He shrugged and I went to adopt her. 

"Oh my! Someone's finally adopting Annie!" The worker said as he saw me reach the counter with the puppy in my arms. 

"Huh?"

"Right, sorry. Annie's been here for a month now. She's usually so shy nobody can get near her. I'm really happy is all." He got out her paperwork. "Read over this and sign if you're still sure. I'll take her back for her last shot." I nodded and looked over everything with a pen in my hand.

Name: Annie

Gender: Female

Age: 3 months

Personality: Shy, calm, quiet, sweet.

Other info: Annie is shy, and likes to hide. But if she warms up to someone, she will be very cuddly. She's a quiet puppy but is very sweet and wouldn't hurt a fly. 

I smile and sign, and Annie comes out with a pink collar, a little bow clipped in her fur, and a small bag is handed to me with her. Inside was some dog food, a food and water dish, some toys and a few treats, and a leash. "Take good care of her." I smile.

"I will. And y/n-chan is going to love her!"

"Brother?"

"Boyfriend. I'm hoping to give her to him as a birthday present." 

"Aww, that's sweet." He said to me with a sweet smile. Tama-chan came up to us with a golden retriever.

"I WANT THIS DOG!"

We were on the roof now. I was enjoying my ice cream with Annie, before we started watching a show, that had renge in it for some reason. I would have almost thought that y/n was in the costume, but I know that he's at practice today. When the host ranger came out, something struck a chord in me. "Where's kyo-chan?" We started to look around, and tama-chan got on the intercom. We found him with haru-chan! It was nice to see that we were mostly all together. All that we were missing was y/n-chan.

~Meanwhile~

y/n pov

I felt a shiver go up my spine as I received the last ball for practice today. "Good work guys!" Sora said with a smile. "Now, who's up for food?" We all cheered while we went for ramen. But my mind can't help wondering what that shiver was about.

Oh well. It's probably nothing.