Peaceful Personal Day - SugaDaichi

Make sure to take care of yourself even if you aren't having a good day!

Edited by: 

Requested by: Tendou_satori15

Big! Suga Little! Daichi

Summary: What happens when Suga shows up at Daichi's house on his personal little day?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Being the leader of something as important as a volleyball team is an experience that many highschoolers or even adults, can say they've had. It takes time, patience, and a lot of hard work and with that comes stressful days and days where it almost doesn't seem worth it to go to practice or to hold the important meeting.

     It's a certain responsibility that takes a lot of maturity and as a captain, you have to promise to keep the childish antics to a minimum because in a way, you are the symbol and the prime example for the team.

     This is what the captain of the Karasuno team Daichi has to deal with. A lot of members look up to him as a father figure in a way and often make jokes that he's the dad to all of the boys on the team. What they didn't know was that their captain was actually the opposite. Deep down he was actually a little kid at heart who needed to be taken care of.

     It was the week before the big tournament when Daichi finally decided to take a personal day for himself. He wanted nothing more than to just be at home and relax in the most comforting way he knew possible.

     The boy was curled up on the couch in his soft panda onesie as he snacked on some crackers and fruit gummies. Paw Patrol was blaring from his living room TV as coloring sheets littered the floor.

     This was his ideal happy place, because he had no care in the world and he could feel as small as he wanted without the fear of judgment from others. He loved having his personal time because there was no pressure to be the leader or to fit in with his peers. He was completely himself on his little days.

     The regressed boy giggled and danced in his seat as he popped a few gummies into his mouth, humming the Paw Patrol theme song. He giggled a bit watching the crazy antics on the screen as he sipped some of his juice from his cup.

     In a way he was in his own world, not even realizing that his phone had been ringing for the past ten minutes. The most important thing to him in that very moment was how the Paw Patrol pups were going to save the day.

     Suddenly, after clapping along to a song that played within the show, a loud knocking began to echo across the house coming from the front door.

     Although Daichi was still deep in his headspace, he understood that he needed to clean up his mess before anyone saw. He quickly scooped all his snacks and tossed them into the kitchen aiming for the sink. He then grabbed his coloring sheets and shoved them under the couch before finally switching the TV over to something considered normal.

     He rushes to the door, swinging it open before becoming face to face with one of his best friends Suga.

     "Hey man, you weren't answering your phone, you good?" Suga says, leaning forward as if wanting to walk inside. "Are you wearing a panda onesie?"

     Daichi blushes a bit before turning his head away. "It's my personal day, of course I wouldn't answer my phone. Also yes, is there a problem with my choice of pajamas?"

      Suga shakes his head, chuckling a bit before entering the home smiling. "Not at all! But, Daichi, I wanted to come hang out since we barely ever have time anymore because of school and volleyball practice. Don't tell me you want to kick me out already?"

      Daichi thinks for a moment before sighing, he was struggling to get out of his head space but luckily he was at an old enough age that he can function properly without raising too much suspicion.

      Suga walks fully into the living room looking around at the slight mess. "Dude you should probably clean up, I never thought your house would be messy considering how organized you are with practice and such."

      Daichi deflated a bit at the mention of practice but just nods his head. "Yeah I just guess I live a double life, so sorry to burst your bubble."

      Suga chuckles as he claps a hand on the boy's shoulder before sitting on the couch looking at the movie screen. "Dude no way the new Saw movie! I didn't know you watched this stuff!"

     Daichi's eyes quickly turn towards the screen before going a bit pale. "Oh yeah, I love scary movies, the gore is just. . . . spectacular."

    Daichi sits on the couch next to Suga as he takes a long breath looking at the scene in front of him. He notices his bear he had abandoned across the room under a side table and he sighs sadly.

     "Everything okay?" Suga asks, noticing that his friend is feeling very timid and very stiff.

      "I'm fine." Daichi replies in a shaky voice, watching the movie in front of him. His little self keeps slipping further and further due to the fear he was experiencing suddenly. He continued to watch the film, flinching often before Suga finally touched his arm, surprising him and sending him into a fit of tears.

     Daichi begins to panic as hot tears roll down his face as he pulls his onesie around him tighter. Suga looks at him in surprise before turning the movie off. He grabs the boy in the onesie by the shoulders before pulling him in close as if hugging him tightly in an attempt to calm him down.

      Suga immediately begins to hush and hum into the captain's ear which causes the sobs to turn into soft sniffles within minutes.

     "Are you okay? I've never seen you cry like that before. Actually I don't think I've ever seen you cry." Suga says, pulling away to look at the red faced boy.

     "Scared." He mutters out now fully in his head space. His age decreased a few years due to the stress and fear he was experiencing.

    "Well if you're afraid of that movie then why would you watch it? That's not very smart of you." Suga says in a caring voice. He pets the boys hair gently in a nurturing way.

    "Paw Patrol. . ." The boy whispers out, looking at the TV that simply showed a black screen.

     Suga thinks for a moment before everything begins to click inside his brain. The onesie, the messy house, the sudden scary movie that Daichi didn't even like, it all made sense.

    "Daichi, hun, are you an age regressor?" He asks softly, causing the boy's tears to come back at full force as the little one begins to hiccup. "Hey, there's nothing wrong with it if you are. I'm not going to judge okay? Come here." Suga says, holding out his arms.

    The little one cuddles close to his friend as he begins to calm down and his breathing slows down tremendously.

    "Good job, thank you so much for breathing and calming down for me." Suga says while making eye contact with the bear that was across the room. He stands up to walk over and grab it as he speaks more. "Now, we don't need to discuss this right now but when big Daichi is back I do want to talk to him, okay? But for now let's watch some Paw Patrol."

     Suga turns on the TV again, quickly changing it back to the little one's favorite cartoon. Once the little boy calms down and cuddles back into the couch, the older of the two decides to go ahead and start cleaning up the house so that way little and big Daichi wouldn't have to worry about it.

     For the rest of the day, Daichi got exactly what he wanted, his peaceful little personal day. Even though there were a few bumps in the road, he now was at peace with his cartoons and now his new friend who understood every part of him big and small.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading this oneshot! If you haven't joined the server, you totally should! Link is in the bio!

~ TeddyBumble