chapter three ✕ helicopter alibis

𝐚𝐭𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝟒𝟖

𝐚𝐭𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐚𝐧
𝟒𝟖.𝟗𝟐𝟐𝟒𝟗𝟗,-𝟐𝟏,𝟑𝟖𝟒𝟎𝟒𝟓
𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐩𝐦

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀
[unedited]

  "Ce sont des conneries.  Elle a triché." One of the men says, throwing his cards down with a huff.

   We've been playing spades for about two hours. Or at least what I think it spades. It doesn't really matter because my teammate and I have been winning anyway.

   It's been five days. Sure, the tensions have dissipated drastically. But, I'm still in a boat with seven random frenchmen. That's the punchline of a joke, I swear.

Surprisingly I've only gotten one solicitation for sex, which I only understood because of the lyrics to Lady Marmalade.

   Other than that it's been quiet. Valentin is tense. Going out of his way to avoid other ships and constantly scanning the sea.

   I spend most of my time below deck. Even though it's spring, the Atlantic air isn't very welcoming.

  "We'll be there soon." Valentin had promised. "We don't have much longer to go."

  I can't tell if he's right or not. I've never been on a boat and I don't know how nautical miles work.

   Either way, I'm happy to be leaving. Once we meet up with Angelo, I can go home and forget about all of this. And probably move too. I really don't have the time to be tracked down and kidnapped again.

  Speaking of tracking, I look down at the necklace sitting above my collarbone.

   After timing it's beeping and light flashing, I realize that it goes off every hour without fail.  I'm not sure what to do with it. Toss it in the ocean, keep it on me and hope it isn't a bomb.

   If it is a tracking device, I'm going to have a few choice words for Angelo.

  I yawn as we finish up another card game, leaving the table to head towards the space that has been allotted to me. It's a small bunk sectioned off from the rest of the boat, but it does the job. The edges are curved upwards so the sway of the boat doesn't send me falling over the edge as easily.

   It's started to storm outside, which makes me nervous. But, the rain against the boat and the constant sway is undeniably calming.

   I lay my head down but as I do a sound, hidden in the rain, starts to grow. It's the unmistakable sound of a blade slap.