chapter ten ✕ danishes & death glares

𝐛𝐮𝐝𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐬𝐭, 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐦❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀[unedited]

𝐛𝐮𝐝𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐬𝐭, 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐲
𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐦
❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀
[unedited]

[𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫]

I stare at the man in front of me like he's out of his mind. And he might as well be because my drugged up and sleep deprived brain isn't processing his words at all.

It's been at least two minutes since he gave me his story and since then he's been waiting patiently for my response.

A response I can't even give.

Angelo never even told me much about his father. In fact all I knew about his parents before now, was that his mother had passed.

All I'm concerned about is the fact that this is the second time someone has used me to try to get to Angelo. And if this is anything like the first time, he'll come crashing in Rambo style if I don't get this situation under control now.

I pinch the bridge if my nose and breath deeply, deciding to start with the simple questions first.

"Just to clarify, why do you want to meet with them?" I ask.

"I'm thinking about retiring. I intend on passing the family business on, splitting it between my boys." Antonio replies.

"Why do you need me to do it?"

"As mentioned, I haven't spoken to them in a while. Years, actually. I didn't leave on the best standing with them. And if my sons are anything like their mother, they will hold a grudge. There won't be any reconciling civilly, so unfortunately I must resort to this. I'm sure this is an inconvenience for you, Miss Castillo."

"You have no idea." I groan, eyeing Easton as he stands by the doors.

Antonio notices my look.  "I hope my associate didn't give you much trouble. I told him to retrieve you as humanely as possible."

  "Nothing about being drugged and kidnapped is humane," I snap. "But what's done is done. I'm tired and I want to go to sleep, so if you would please direct me to the nearest bedroom and do not disturb me until Angelo gets here."

  Antonio smiles like a hospitable host. "Of course." He beckons Easton, who promptly makes his way over.

  "Please escort Miss Castillo to the Imperial suite." Antonio requests.