chapter six ✕ contraceptives & contractors

𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐚, 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐦❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀[unedited]

𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐚, 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧
𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐚
𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐦
❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀
[unedited]

"Oh, shit."

"What?"

"Oh, fuck!"

"What?!"

I stare at Angelo with genuine confusion. We sit in the bedroom and I'm wearing his shirt while absentmindedly preening in the mirror.

"We didn't use a condom." He says, running a nervous hand over his face.

"You just realized that?"

"And you already did?" Angelo asks, dumfounded. "Well, fuck. It'll take a while to get to town and back for a Plan B or somet-"

"Don't bother." I say, yawning.

Angelo raises a brow at me. "Well if you wanted me to get you pregnant you should have just said so."

I roll my eyes at him, giving his arm a swat. "No you idiot. I have an IUD in. Do you really think I'd make the same mistake twice?"

"Twice?" Angelo questions, before I see the look in his eyes that tells me he's recalling that night in Paris that could've made him a father.

Angelo stands behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and inching dangerously low in the process.

"You didn't have to do that just for me." He teases.

I scoff. "I didn't get a whole piece of plastic shoved into my uterus for you. I had a sex life outside of you, y'know."

"I know, but I pretend I don't. For my prides sake." He laughs. "But, you make it sound like it hurt."

"It did. I took pain killers before and after and it was still a bitch. Unfortunately, I'm one of the lucky few that had to deal with a bit more pain that others. But, it was worth it." I smile into the mirror. "No little human calling me 'mama' to deal with."

Angelo hums thoughtfully, before heading to the door.

"I have a contractor coming in today, so more than likely I'll be preoccupied. If you need anything, just ask Claude. He's always around somewhere."

I nod absently. With that he leaves and I take the moment alone to shower. Angelo managed to salvage some clothes that actually fit me, a long white tee and a pair of bike shorts that ran a little tight.